Reviews for Farro
DangoAndSouls chapter 37 . 10/12/2011
Awww... Poor Bomani. I have to say. He is definitely one of my favorites hands down! The whole boating trip incident, Junktown, everything that involves him is GENIUS!

Now. I have finished reading Farro, and because of time I have not reviewed until the last chapter. And I have to say. I love Khensa to death, but she really should have listened about Bata. But we all still love her. Everytime I think of something cute now, Jarai comes to mind. And everytime I see my horrible English teacher at the back of my mind I think of Nessa. I seriously read the first chapter and was hooked. One night I was on the third chapter, I believe, and I said I'm only reading to chapter five. I ended up reading all the way to chapter twelve. I couldn't stop reading it. Right now I promise, I may have a reading assignment for my stupid English teacher, but I will read "Sulfur"! Even if it's the death of me. This is amazing... I'm pretty sure this is one of the four or three stories that has me repeatedly checking my e-mail for update alerts. And I have to say, I jump around like a fool when I see the series is updated. It's amazing. It's very rare to find an elaborate web of events and characters but you has achieved just such. Just hope you keep up the up the outstanding work and I hope the world recognizes you for the wonderful writer that you are. I can't wait to read "Sulfur"...
TryHardOriginal chapter 4 . 10/8/2011
Oh my GOD. You need to get this published. Really.
Thearah chapter 35 . 9/19/2011
I'm not going to lie, but I'm very picky when it comes to books. I'm the kind of person that, when in a bookstore, will pick up a book and read the first chapter, and if I'm not hooked, I won't buy it.

When I saw your story listed, this is how I was going to approach it- I'll read the first chapter, and if I like it, I'll go out and buy it.

Except, I couldn't just read the first chapter. I ended up reading the entire damn thing. In a day, no less.

It's hard to capture my attention and impress me, and this book did just that. I genuinely loved every character and every detail. I sat on the edge of my seat and just HAD to keep reading. Thank you for writing such a wonderful story.

And, onto the next, right? And I'll be proper and right a review for every chapter of Sulphur, because I want too.

Oh, and I'm still going to buy a copy of it.
Vengeful Authoress chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
O.O super awesome! and you're published too! that is so cool! i wish i was published. how'd you do it?
Ninja Goldfish chapter 14 . 8/12/2011
Well it's me again. Sick of me yet?

"His praise teases loose embarrassed laugh, but I'm little cheered."

"His praise teases loose AN embarrassed laugh, but I'm little cheered."
Ninja Goldfish chapter 10 . 8/12/2011
I nod. "Yes. Truly, I don't know what's cover over me today. Thank you."

Should be "Yes. Truly, I don't know what's COME over me today. Thanks you." Yes?
Ninja Goldfish chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
"I twist around to face the men and raise my eyes to me the lord's."

Shouldn't that say "I twist around to face the men and raise my eyes to MEET the lord's"? Just thought I should point that out for you. So far, great writing and I can't wait to keep going!
SweetlilSunshine chapter 38 . 8/9/2011
wow, this story is amazingly intriguing. :) I can't wait to read the sequel!
CupCake34 chapter 35 . 8/4/2011
This was a great story!Your writting is amazing! I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed it! :)
Anna chapter 37 . 7/9/2011
A most thrilling storyline. I could not take my eyes away for one second! My curiosity drives me to know the end! I am saddened to know that I'll have to wait until this story is over halfway complete to even read one chapter, but most life is unfair (turtles!). This story captures the heart- it feels so real! All characters stay true, never wavering from the foundation you laid for them. I commend you, this is a true talent of a gifted writer. Please continue on writing! And do not let anyone look down on you! If you stay true to your heart, you will have many successful stories in your lifetime. Good luck and God bless!
Durxa chapter 15 . 7/2/2011
It's us again, we've found another small typo. "Senior advisers live in the palace in the king, it's part of the profession." (Should that be in the palace with the king? Anyways we've loved this story so far, and are going on to the next chapter)111.
Durxa chapter 14 . 7/2/2011
I feel congadulations are in order. Asha is currently crying about how horrible everything is right now. (You've managed to make Bomani a jerk but I at least think that he's a good person on the inside, Dalton isn't so sure). What can I say I'm a cynic. (That King is a creeper! He reminds me of Dalton's Uncle who got drunk and gropped me!) That was... unpleasant for lack of a better word.

Anyways keep up the good work!
Durxa chapter 5 . 7/2/2011
We [meaning my wife and I] have just started reading this frankly excellent story. The characters so far have been interesting, and we both are looking forward to finding out more about them and the world that this story takes place in.

(This is the wife since we share a profile I write like this so people can tell who's talking. We were originally planning on reviewing at the end of the story or after something that really stuck out to us, but we found a small typo and thought we might as well point it out. "I'm stammering like a desperate fool. I ama desperate fool." Your missing a space but other then that this has been flawless so far!)

Anyways keep up the good work we're going back to reading!
lookingwest chapter 27 . 6/21/2011
...he threatens him with

- was missing a period after "with"

I found that error up in Chapter 20. I actually had left off there and started reading because I was intending to review but heh, I actually ended up just continuing to read. I couldn't help it, I'm sorry! And I'm only stopping here at Chapter 27 because I've been at it all afternoon and need a snack, XD.

I really enjoyed the past seven chapters, they've been amazing. At first, I had a problem with Khensa being so in love with Bata-I think that providing more content and development between them in the past chapters would have been a better indication of her love, but then I like what you did leading up to their "first kiss". You just seem to really hold back on any romantic development between Khensa and well-anyone, so her sudden undying love for Bata took me a little by surprise because she suppressed it so much. I know that Khensa liked Bata, but yeah, ti just seemed a tad bit sudden. But, like I said, I love that you waited to reveal it in full force because it made quite the surprising and action-packed scene! Loved the escape and the confrontation in the desert, and then the unfolding of Khensa's power. You've explained all of that really well, and I didn't have any problem not following what you were developing with the Kah, etc. I think what you're continuing to do with it is very unique and now that she's able to really execute it's use, I can't wait to see what else she can do, especially after this entire chapter involving the Queen, which was terrifying.

I keep wanting more out of Bomani-I have to say, if they do end up romantically involved in any way, I'm actually going to be pretty surprised at this point. You don't really show any indication of them having any sort of feelings towards one another than dislike and distrust, even if they're starting to sort-of respect one another. That seems even further dashed in this chapter with the Queen, so I'm very curious to see what happens, seeing as the second genre of the story is Romance and I'd almost categorize it as the third. There's nothing wrong with that though, I've been really enjoying the developments of Khensa and her power that continues to strengthen, and also her developments with Lateef and the rest of the cast.

The plot is really amazing in this story, there's no shortage of it, and you've managed to also keep it twisting and turning with each chapter, that's a huge strength! For instance, the part with the purple talla and the forbidden song being sung, that was such a wonderful surprise that really changed the entire game for the story thus far. I really trust you as a writer too, which is one of the things that I feel doesn't really happen for FP or online writing-readers tend to doubt abilities that the author has actual plans for their writing, XD, but I didn't feel any of that uncertainty and I totally love to see where you take everything. From Chapter 1 it's been nonstop strategy with setting up the scenes and the action.

The description of that talla was really cool too, I looked it up because I thought it actually might have been a real dress style of some sort, but all I got was Spanish translation stuff, so I really applaud the unique use of that and making it so realistic, you do a fantastic job with it. Overall it's been a great afternoon read so far, you do such a good job and I can't wait to continue after this sad chapter! You're descriptions of the Queen were very scary, and I thought you portrayed her madness well enough. I almost wanted the same sort of madness reflected in Khensa when she consumed her Kah in the desert, but I felt like you were holding back there with her-here it really unfolded.

Some last comments that might jump around, just to make sure I catch everything. Bomani's brother: great scene with him in the desert too, found no problem with him, I liked that you added the seizure because it provided a realistic moment of panic for Khensa and I thought that was a bonus development from the entire experience. The description of Bomani's rescue, great and it was believable. I kind of wanted more of a struggle on Bata's part-but then at the same time I was so relieved when he fell over dead, haha. The King: as intimidating as ever, he had me holding my breath during that forbidden song, I was really feeling for her when he got angry too, that was a scary moment! Love what you're doing with the Kah descriptions now too, I'm very curious about Bomani's Kah, it's sparked my interest and I look forward to seeing that revealed, hopefully!

Loved it, I hope to finish soon and if I didn't address anything you want more feedback on for any reason, since I kind of skipped ahead from what I was planning, then let me know.
lookingwest chapter 19 . 6/19/2011
I've owed you this review since May 27th, and I sincerely again, apologize. We started doing exchanges in a very weird time in my life, XD. My family was evacuated from our house due to river floods so I've kind of been a bit displaced, but again, slowly trying to get back into things and I really apologize for the lagging...again.

...the empty rooms like a caged lion.

-I don't know why, but I almost would have liked "lioness" with this image...just the idea of Khensa being such a strong woman and going through all of this, and the lioness also being the strong huntress in the lion classes...but yeah, not a big thing, just personal observation! I do like what you've built up to this line too, I could really feel her frustrations and the moments here came so naturally.

Wow, powerful moment for Lateef here, I wasn't expecting that story! I felt I was expecting *a* story, from the chapter title, but the wave you wove it into the prior hints you've given was wonderful, it all makes sense. It's sad, but it makes sense, and I love that we finally get such a vivid background for Lateef and get to the root of his tragedy. There's a lot to him as far as depth and we've finally plunged into it-I think Khensa's reaction and questions were appropriate, and the scene really grew organically for the two of them. Very well done. And the witch part-with the Abyss-that was a very chilling threat to Khensa.

Good strong ending there too, I enjoyed that little twist. Again, you've done a good job wrapping in the prior mysteries thus far, and I really enjoy that! I have no problems with this chapter overall and really got into it easily, the pacing and the dialogue was per usual, superb, and the development was excellent and quite appropriate. I feel like you've also worked it into a spot where it's just right-the story was beginning to get to that point where development is needed, and the plot begins to unfold further. Thank you for the excellent read thus far-each time I visit this story, I become more tempted to just buy the damn thing and read the rest in one sitting, haha!
377 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »