Reviews for Stone
CherrySquares chapter 10 . 1/15/2013
Is it...done?

Your story is marked as finished, so I'm assuming that you're planning on a sequel? I hope so! Because there is so much left unexplained that it seems like a crime for you to keep it hidden in your mind and away from us readers

So yeah, I hope you continue this story, soon! (:

P.S. I'm glad your beta recommended this in her own story :3
Guest chapter 9 . 10/8/2012
I love this story, but it gets a little confusing because you keep switching between using jack and Rob. I think you should pick one and stick with it. Like I get that James is still getting used to it but once we find out his name is actually rob and James has had a couple mix ups stick with Rob. It was like every time jack/Rob was mentioned the name would alternate. Just a thought :)
JP Lacey chapter 10 . 10/11/2011

BRING RYAN BACK!

THIS WAS A GREAT CHAPTER, BY THE WAY, AND. . .

Love your beta,

JP Lacey
LeoLion96 chapter 9 . 10/11/2011
Really good and well written. The story is told well without unnecessary stuff included. the book has really got me thinkinh what he'll do with his power, and I want to know who is after him and why.
JP Lacey chapter 9 . 10/5/2011
Hey Matt!

Yeah, I totally just left you a private message, telling you that I would be leaving you a review. Well, now you know I'm not a liar.

Your story is excellent! The plot is fantastic, the characters so real and believable, and the storyline so compelling it keeps me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It probably is the best story I have ever read on Fiction Press, I don't know how I can give you higher praise than that. In my next chapter I've my story, I'm going to write, in the author's notes, that any of my readers (I warn you, I don't have very many readers at all), but I will recommend your story on the top of mine. It's honestly that fantastic.

Anyway, I have probably bothered you enough today.

Talk to you soon!

JP Lacey
DM chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Yay update! *hugs*
DM chapter 7 . 7/5/2011
Naw, looks like somebody quit... Aint right to quit after seven chapters.
The Chipette Protector chapter 7 . 5/25/2011
Wow! this is a very cool story!

Keep it up!

Who is the one that told on his powers? Will he be able to see Maxine again?

Will he get better w/ his powers?

I can't wait to find out what will happen next!
Doomsday'sMascot chapter 7 . 5/10/2011
I could make a whole lot of lokes right now about levitating balls, but I won't...

Hi. Reviewing a couple days late, as usual. I liked this chapter, it really gave a good feel for the atmosphere of the place. (Does it have a name? I must have not been paying attention.) You fit a lot of information in there without flat-out infodumping, that was good. Some parts were really funny. For some reason, James's reaction to the breakfast buffet made me laugh... I don't know, it's just that that's more thought than I put into my breakfast. Do guys actually think about that stuff? I just assumed they didn't.

I think the part with Steve could've been smoother. It didn't seem like James did enough to cause a fight between them. If I was Steve, I would have punched Max, not him. If you'd let the fight escalate a little bit before the punch, it would seem a little more believable. It was just a little too sudden. But not bad; you should see the shit I've pulled.

Hehe. James with a bunch of eleventh graders, that'll be fun. It'd be funny if he got stuck in there for, like, two weeks and had to listen to their chatter all day. And if they were all better at it then him, contrary to what the random lady (I forget names) said.

Blaargh, I've gotta go rewrite that whole chapter I just wrote. I screwed up... Update soon
RasingDanielle chapter 7 . 5/8/2011
this is really great! i love it!D keep writing!
Emmaa x chapter 7 . 5/8/2011
I couldn't be bothered to log in, sorry...

Anyway, this was really good, i liked that it was long and showed lots of different aspects of the story, like lessons, friendship and feelings etc...

I'm interested to see where this rivalry goes between james and steve...

keep updating D
Niobe's Pen chapter 3 . 4/6/2011
When did he figure out he's telekinetic? When the guy flew backwards? Wouldn't he just brush it out? It doesn't quite fit. Not a big deal.

Chips were funny. Cheese and onion? Where do you get those! We only have sour cream and onion :(.

I'd be jealous too. Nobody wants to feel like the sidekick, I like that you showed that. Ryan could be a good plot point later on, would he stick with his friend or want to avoid him on accounta he made him feel small?
Niobe's Pen chapter 2 . 4/6/2011
Reviewing, as promised.

Characters/dialogue interesting. Like the male banter, it's funny. Prose pretty good. Block paragraphs are freaky, break them up into bite sized bits so we don't choke. Killing reviewers is a real turn-off ;).

Confused about the title. Are they all stoned? (kidding)

Also confused about the game they're playing in the opening scene. Tackle soccer with a tennis ball? (does that even exist?)

Hmm. I should get an account on here so I don't look like a n00b when I review people anonymously. I don't like looking like a n00b. Not fun.
Doomsday'sMascot chapter 6 . 3/26/2011
A man was found dead IN a toilet? What type of toilets yah got over there? Seeing as the I is right next to the O on the keyboard, I'm gonna bet that's a typo.

Especially in chapters like these, it would probably be a good idea to add more description. You're introducing a whole new place, and I don't even know what the darned place looks like. Just a little detail goes a long way here - what color are the walls? The carpet? It's all very vague. You say the game console looks new. Why, is it shiny? Be more specific; new looking doesn't create a concrete image. Some people don't care about description, but it's nice to at least have it there.

Yay, powers doing freaky things! I've hardly seen it before, and never so early in a story. Characters need to lose control of their powers more often, ultra powerful limitless magic/superpowers is waay too boring. And overused. It would be good to use it as a central plot point, I've never seen that done.

Anway, nice chapter. Maybe a little heavy on the dialogue and light on description, but I've always had that problem, too. It's pretty common. Not so pleased with the school of magic, but I'll wait to see how you pull it off.
Emmaa x chapter 6 . 3/26/2011
school sounds fun D

i like the sounds of the competitions and i hope you will be writing about these in the future.

The ending was mysterious and i can't wait to read what happens next, i am especially eager to hear about his loss of control...

keep writing )