Reviews for Unoriginal Movies
whatthegreencarrot chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I agree! Movies these days have extremely similar plot lines. It's almost always a high school, and there's some sort of cliche stuff going on.
J Author chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
The French One

I love the old animated Disney movies, myself. The only problem I have is when people near my age put the dark-story-to-happy-movie translations on a giant pedestal as an example of how to make original movies, then turn around and bash anything new that does what Disney did.

Thank you for the review.
Chevalier Tialys chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Haha, hello there, sorry I'm not laughing at you, I just love meeting people who I disagree (on any level) with.

Firstly, I don't totally disagree with you, you're right, everything has been done before including in old movies, in one way or another. Very few things are what people call "original" nowadays, or ever have been.

I feel a little hurt by your Disney rant. Though I can't say you're wrong, it's true, they sugar coat everything and make it horribly sweet and happy. However, beng one of those 'Disney Generation' that you mention, I'll still love them for it in a nostalgic way, I grew up with these films. Not so much the princess ones, but Peter Pan (which differs so freaking much from the book!) and Robin Hood and the Lion King and the Jungle Book (again with the book differences)? They'll always hold a special place in my heart, I apologise for that :')

I think, however, that the movie business is slowly becoming more corrupt, in many cases I do believe it is the money, and not the story that drives, not just Hollywood, but the film business as a whole. Can't say I blame them, this thing happens in any business. I understand what you mean, it's true, the film business HAS always been expensive, this isn't a rcent development, but I have no respect for someone like James Cameron, who spends 500 million on a film (Avatar) and then churns out, quite frankly, the most embarrassing script I've ever heard in my life, (well, not quite, but it's close), and boring storyline. Too much time (and money) spent on the aesthetics, the story is just as important! In my opinion, the two films that have wasted the most money in film history were both made after the year 20 - Avatar by James Cameron, and Alexander by Oliver Stone. Alexander in all honesty offended me, a total mockery of a true hero.

ANYWAY, I want to say this rant of yours has earned you my respect (as little as it is worth) a true argument that I can't really fault, for all my little disagreements with it :')

Many thanks, and happy writing!

Love Frenchy x