Reviews for Fidel Castro
samantha chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Well-written and punchy. Castro is a bastard, and this poem captures him flawlessly. I especially love the "butterflies of conquest" bit, as well as "skids of your ambition." Great job!
Simply Prettyful chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Woah! This is brilliant! Heart wrenchingly good. I really like this.
sophiesix chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
heh, reminds me of stalin. Though ironic how stalins own policy of terror made his own natural death that much more drawn out and painful.

loved this: " your butterflies of conquest

Are impotent under glass"

and

"Now the skids of your ambition

Are greased with fear

While our machetes bleed canestalks"

i found this bit a bit distracting though:

"I who loved you with

Unashamed perversity"

and having every first letter capitalised, and without punctuation, made me need to reread a few lines to get teh right gist.

I also liked the tone of the last stanza: the note of tolerance paired with the gleaming edge of the machete was a great image :)
SirScott chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
Castro is evil and a liar, but he has outsmarted nearly every American President, especially JFk. Good poem though, well thought out.

SirScott
William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Brilliant! I am starting to thoroughly enjoy this inquisitive side of your mind. Now if only life was like Call of Duty (video games) and you could kill Fidel Castro with a headshot, but that is a pretty daft fantasy isnt it? Wonderful work, as always.

-William
nickyO chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I like the inclusive voice you took with this poem, because it gives the end stanza a note of renewal, even as earlier stanza's speak of disappointment.
Raebie chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Very well written. It's absurd that we haven't caught him yet, isn't it?
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
I just think that it's bitterly ironic that we can't catch/kill someone who the US has been trying to catch/kill since the 1950s when he's only 90ish miles away from America. If we can't catch someone in 60years who is only 90miles away from Florida how are we supposed to catch people like Usama Bin Laden? -That's my take on it from another generation.