Reviews for Words A Day 2011: The Loving February
HiddenFromYou chapter 24 . 8/15/2011
Apart from the second verse, I related to this all too well. Personally I just prefer to ignore the pain I can't control, and that makes it better somehow.

I agree though that you're on a good run of poems. Have enjoyed all the ones I've read tonight immensely.
HiddenFromYou chapter 8 . 8/15/2011
Have experienced that myself a few times. It was a bit unsettling all things told. One time I felt like I had slept through an entire day and night but in fact it was only a few hours.
HiddenFromYou chapter 6 . 8/15/2011
Really got this. Without all the pain life brings, there wouldn't be life in the first place. There'd simply be existence.
MilanJohns chapter 2 . 2/21/2011
Wow!

That was...

AMAZING!
Tom Bhin chapter 2 . 2/18/2011
Oh, wow, this really seems like something straight out of my own mouth. Good job, though.
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 19 . 2/18/2011
Haha I can just picture you hoping around on one foot. :D
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 11 . 2/18/2011
People do worry a lot nowadays. I know I do. About the most trivial things it sometimes feels like. This poem doesn't suck. It's short and to the point. Maybe you could have elaborated, but this is far from mediocre. It's good. :)
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 18 . 2/17/2011
I got a little confused with this poem I'm afraid. You were talking about two boys trying to escape on a train and then you started talking about someone else. And that kinda threw me off. _ Where did the two boys go?

And you didn't really explain what you "didn't have to cry anymore." about. Or what memories you were talking about.

Eh, I'm all confused trying to disipher this poem.

That doesn't mean it's bad though. It just means that it needs some thinking to get. Maybe It'll come to me later... whatever your saying.
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 10 . 2/17/2011
This is awsome. I like how you ryhmed at the begining. It really flowed. And the whole sympolism of a lock without a hole was cool.

When you said "You can always love my outside shell." It made me think you were saying that the person could love what you apeared and pretended to me, but that you weren't going to reveal the real you. Because you didn't know how to unlock your heart.

Really lovely poem. :)
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 17 . 2/16/2011
This is lovely in a depressing sort of way. I can really feel the characters bitter feelings. He's excepted the fact that he isn't loved back as well though. Instead of pining after the other person he decides to move on. This is the kind of little story that makes you feel the emotions that the character feels. If a story can make you feel really sad you know it's really good.

(I've decided that I'll try to give you two reviews a day. One for the actual day and one from the ones I missed. So don't be confused if you see a review for chapter 10 and then one for chapter 18 and then chapter 11. I'm going to catch up!:D)
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 9 . 2/16/2011
I'm exactly the same way. This is intuitive and completly true.

Great job Jacob. :)
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 8 . 2/15/2011
Sorry I've been gone for so long. My laptop caught a virus! /

It's going to take me a while to catch up with all your poems! But I'm here, back at last! Hope you didn't miss me to much. I'll try to post the story for that contast on time. I'm woried I'm not going to make it though.

But enough about me! This was a nice poem. When your asleep things get really sureal and time gets all jumbled up. :D

I don't have time right now (damn geometry!) but I'm going to give you reviews for your other poems soon I promise!
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 7 . 2/6/2011
Often times the deeds of a criminal will be discribed as inhumain, but is it not the nature of humans to be cruel as well as carring?

The big difference between human's and animals is that animals only strive to reproduce and survive. Failing individual survivel their first priority is to survive as a species. While most humans don't give a damn about the rest of humanity and will look out souly for #1. And their love ones if they have any.

Additonally humans have the gift of reason. I sometimes think that gift would be better off in the beast's hands than in the mans.

Wow. It's the middle of the night and I seem to be on a roll. Or maybe I'm just cloging your reviews up with a bunch of sleep- deprived crap.

I'm going to look that song up out of curiosity.

Your mentioning me was a lovely surprise. Though to use the term 'love' so losely is something that makes me feel really akward. It still made me smile nontheless. :)
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 6 . 2/6/2011
The best things in life cannot be obtained and experienced without the worst of the lot coming with them.

:) And that's not a quote! Sometimes your poems bring out the best words in me. Maybe I'll turn that little bit into a poem.

I haven't written anything latley. It seems you have broken down the damn that is writters block for me. D

*Hugs*

You think about a lot of the same isues I do. I bet we have a lot in commen.
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 5 . 2/4/2011
I'm alone in my room, cudling in my blanket, reading this poem and I feel exacly the same. Cold mind and eyes that just want to stay closed.

It's freezing here as well. I feel like a popsicle. We're having a snow day as well. Though it's only 46 degrees and not snowing. I guess here so close to the equater that is the equivalent of a snow day. It helps that the power keeps going out. D I'm not going to complain. A break from school is welcomed.

Cheers to a cold and lazy day! :)