Reviews for Artist
schizosophia chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
short and sweet.
BlameMyMuses chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Firstly, I love the word splatter. It's such a fun word.

I actually love that this poem is so short. I think that makes it impact all the more.

The emotions behind it are really strong. It's sort of self conscious and hopeful and really shows depth even with it being so short.

Lovely piece!

BlameMyMuses
Alexander Emberson chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Artist

She splatters her true colors across a canvas,

In hope that anyone will see them,

And love her anyway.

I believe you've captured the desire to be accepted in these few short lines. There is so many ways to look at this piece though, and I like that because I see one meaning, but can instantly see another. It's a somber piece that invokes deep emotion in someone. Nicely done.
missmori chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Loved the whole thing, amazingly connected... This really rings true for me.
in the city of neon and chrome chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
i like the tie between "anyone" and "anyway".
Fractured Illusion chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
It is very short but I liked it anyway, I think it said what it was supposed to but still in a poetic way.

I also liked the message sort of - being love despite of who/what you are. It's not something I regularly encounter.

Well done!

Frac

PS! If your bored check out the Review Game Review Marathon (link in my profile)
Howle chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Wow. After flaming a crapload of really bad poetry I was very happy to stumble on yours. It's very good. Just the perfect length. You don't try to make out the thought to be more than what it is.

I love poems like these. You give the reader just enough of an idea, but leave them to their own imagination. I also love the way you worded it.

Once again, great job. It makes me insanely happy that not everyone who writes poetry here is completely talentless.
D.J Wu chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
Awesome, short and sweet, and also inspiration for me.
Angel Investor chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
I am usually not a fan of short poems (I hate haikus), or poems that don't rhyme, but this really impressed me. You have a talent to put very much meaning into just few simple words.

I loved the line "She splatters her true colors across a canvas". It really shows how artists express their thoughts and emotions through their work. The last two lines, in my interpretation, imply that what the artist creates won't necessarily be beautiful, but he/she hopes that others will accept the work as it is, knowing that the creator of the work has poured their soul into it.

Wow, I'd never have expected such a long review for a poem of only forty words. Oh well. Keep going.