Reviews for The Missing Copyrights
Raven Starhawk chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I believe this has much wisdom in every word. The world of online writing is always game to people who rather steal others work rather than create their own. You did a marvelous job on this.
pinkguppie chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
I can't find you on LJ. Any ideas why?

Miss reading your stories. They brighten my day :)
phelps112 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
sad that you are leaving, have you thought about authotonomy? they have copyrights, and have people that check to make sure nothing gets plagarized. I know a lot of people from fp have gone to them. Btw looked for you on LJ and could not find you.
Sylvia Marri chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
So sad. :( FP has been my constant companion for 6 years during my depressing moments (plus moments of boredom). I've been on reviewing hiatus for around a couple of years. I've immensely enjoyed your stories here and it's so sad to know that all my favorite writers have fled FP land when I went back. I hope you still post your updates in your new homeland, and remember that you still got a fan here :) Best of luck to you and I hope you get published someday and earn back your (c).

Much love, Sylv
Novocaine for the Soul chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Wow I didn't even notice that the copyright was missing, if my friend hadn't told me to read your Aphrodisiac story I would never have known. So thanks for telling me, maybe I should move my stories too.

Anyway I loved Aphrodisiac. Good luck on your lj.
xInkMusique chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
This is probably why the Great Plagiarism Fiascco happened :( can't blame you for leaving. And just wondering, do we friend your livejournal account if we want to read? Or are you limiting it to people you know well? And would you consider posting on PlagiarismHaven or The Write Away or do you plan on staying separate from them? Good luck at LJ :]
AlexisLovesYou chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
That totally blows. FU Fictionpress!
cu-12 chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
That's awful. And really dumb for fp. What reason do they have for doing this? It doesn't make any sense. Are you planning on posting stories on LJ then? I was excited to revisit Vials of Blood, boo. I'm on aesu90 on lj-add me if you don't mind!
SStar427 chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
That sucks! Did they give you or the other writer any reason why they did this? It feels like they are giving the people plagarizing a green light...well time to go look for you on livejournal! I must know what happens to the rest of the cousins! And have you looked at the livejournal group plagarismhaven?
oxBlueEyes15xo chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
I can't find you one livjournal... could you post a link sometime?

BlueEyes
Ravina chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
shutterbaby. is right, and it also applies to Canada:

"The good news; copyright is inherent when an original work is created. In other words, when you create an original work, you automatically have copyright protection. This copyright protection not only exists in Canada, but extends to other countries (as long as the country in question is covered by an international copyright treaty, convention or organization)."

(Source: sbinfocanada dot about dot com)

The page then goes on to say:

"Copyright protection in Canada does not require any marking of the work; however, to obtain maximum international protection it is recommended that the work be marked with the international copyright symbol , the date of first publication (or date of creation for an unpublished work) and the name of the copyright owner, thus: " 1993, Mary Smith" …” (IPIC)."

So no, you're not voiding your copyright by posting on FP.

- Rebekah
Arianna Allen chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Really? Gosh. I took my only story down right after I read this. This is terrible.
deltaphi chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
I can't believe Fictionpress took the copyrights away. That's just like asking for plagiarism.

I understand your decision in leaving FP :( You had so many awesome stories here...

On the positive side, I can't wait to check out your Livejournal.I hope I can read more in there :)
shutterbaby chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
This is actually completely uninformed.

I don't know about Canada, but in the United States, you don't need to register a copyright; original content automatically becomes the creator's copyright. This has been true since 1989, when the Berne Convention came into effect. You don't need a little C-in-a-circle symbol.

If you remove these stories, however, then you will never be able to prove that they were originally your creations.

(Copyrights don't always deter plagiarizers though.)

But here is an excerpt from the Wikipedia page on copyrights:

"In all countries that are members of the Berne Convention, copyright is automatic and need not be obtained through official registration with any government office. Once an idea has been reduced to tangible form, for example by securing it in a fixed medium (such as a drawing, sheet music, photograph, a videotape, or a computer file), the copyright holder is entitled to enforce his or her exclusive rights. However, while registration isn't needed to exercise copyright, in jurisdictions where the laws provide for registration, it serves as prima facie evidence of a valid copyright."
Bubbly Girl chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
That is so sickening! I can't believe that fictionpress would do that! GAAH! I will go to live journal and try to follow your new stories! :)

Peace, Love and Happiness! :)

Bubbly Girl