Reviews for Blame the Neighborhood Cat
Desie chapter 15 . 6/17/2012
Ohmigosh. Thank you *sosososo* much for actually having characters that behave realistically. I seriously expected -shoot blanking on names- the best friend? The girl one? I expected her to completely *spoiler* adore Brandon after his seranading. Because, you know, that's the cliche. You're a really good writer, and I'm glad that your writing isn't all unicorns and rainbows. :)
Rosie chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Hey there! I'm Rosie from a website called 'A Drop of Romeo' and your story has been added into our archive under the category of 'Miscellaneous'! Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: The story begins with Charlotte having a staring contest with a cat and the rest of the story continues on to be just as unique and cute. This is the perfect light read, set in a high school atmosphere. Despite that, I found it to be quite different to most of the high school stories I have read. Neither Josh or Charlotte are overly popular or unpopular, although Josh is a bit of a loner. This story makes everyone want their own Josh. He's so ridiculously cute. And sweet. I could really go on forever, but what I truly liked about him is that he is shy and utterly adorable, which makes a nice change from the usual popular, arrogant male character.

It is all told in Charlotte's point of view, except for one random segment which was told in third person - I understand why the author did it, but it messed up the flow of the story a bit. Charlotte is kind and a tad oblivious, and I loved her interactions with Josh. They were interesting and showed each of their personalities well. Jaliwo developed the characters uniquely and showed the development of Charlotte's feelings well. The chemistry is definitely there from the beginning and it is well-paced and realistic.

My only criticisms are that the grammar is a bit off in places (but not often) and that the story would flow better at the beginning if we didn't get an information dump on what her and her two friends look like. Other than that, I found the entire story to be romantic and cute, and I love how the cat keeps popping up throughout the story.
renegade01 chapter 18 . 5/20/2012
lovely story. cute and entertaining. ;)
Eiya Weathes chapter 18 . 5/3/2012
Hello, I came across this story yesterday and I just finished it tonight - right after I finished eating ice cream, that is.

Anyway, I just wanted to take the time to tell you that I absolutely adored this story. It's the perfect light read and let me tell you, this is exactly what I needed to clear my mind off of other things.

You honestly have the entire thing down to a T - well, aside from the minor grammatical errors though, but I'm sure it's nothing a proofread couldn't fix. Also, I think that this story deserves more reviews than what it has right now.

As much as I want to leave a fangirl-ish review for each chapter, I'm sad to say that I have a lot on my plate right now. What with my incoming senior year and my own writing and all. Nevertheless, I hope this review makes up for it.

Thanks to you, I want to have my own little Josh. Seriously. Thanks for that. You've just made my 'boyfriend standards' accelerate to the impossible... but what can I say? Josh Riley's adorable and no one is stupid enough NOT to fall in love with him.

Speaking of which, the way you've built your characters is so realistic, I'm speechless. Really, I can't praise you enough for developing a set of relate-able people.

Also, the storyline is absolutely well-paced and perfect and light and fluffy and realistic and eye-catching and basically everything I'd want to read. You've gone through so much depth for a short story... so again, I must applaud you for that.

There is so much more for me to say about the things that I've loved about this but I can't remember all of them. I guess, I'm still too blown away by your talent.

All I can tell you is that you should continue writing like this no matter what. I can see you publishing books that belong to the Bestsellers' shelves. I can see you writing stories more amazing than this and I could only hope that I'll be able to write as well as you do someday.

You're going to be recognized for your talents soon enough. I'll make sure of it. I'll share this piece to all of my friends and show this to random people on the internet. You deserve recognition for being a great writer, and mark my words, it will happen.

Never give up on writing! You have so much ahead of you. :)
silentsings chapter 18 . 12/18/2011
This is most definitely going to my favorites.

Oh my goodness, you are a freaking talented writer. You developed so much relationships and so much character in such a short story and that is pretty darn impressive. :) I love pretty much all your all of the characters in your story - they seem so /real/ you know?

And I can't even begin about how much I love Josh's characterization. Seriously, I wrote so many notes on my Kindle about how adorable he is. Shy guys are so cuutee and Josh is a wonderful break from all those popular, arrogant guys I've read about or those quiet, emo ones. Charlotte is so realistic; she isn't superficial and she has her flaws.

And oh my goodness, their RELATIONSHIP. I could /feel/ the chemistry between them! It is so developed! - I repeat - in a short story! I love how you kept it so simple and so ... fluffy at the same time.

I just thought that Audrey and Zach were kind of Mary Sue/Gary Stus. I mean, I would like to see more into their character; and I believe we saw a bit of Zach's joking side in the end and Audrey's deeper character while talking to Charlotte.

Other than that, my other problem with this story is the grammar. I mean, there weren't any major errors, but you might want to look through it again. And you keep on doing this: 'ok' which is fine, but it just annoys me because it's one of my pet peeves. I prefer 'okay'. :P But. Meh. It just bugs me.

...

I ran out of criticism. Did I mention I love this story? The fluff was so cute and realistic, ahh. This also helped inspire me to start writing again. That's huugeee for me, haha.

Okay, I'll shut up. Good story!

- silentsings
Exsomnis chapter 18 . 12/9/2011
I play River Flows In You. It's one of my fav. songs. And now, this is one of my fav. stories. Thanks for writing this.
DreamsOnlyLastForTheNight chapter 18 . 12/3/2011
I just read this entire story in an entire sitting. It got me hooked from the very first line. You developed the characters really well. You showed the progression of Char's feelings for Josh in a really realistic way which was what really made me like this story. The entire thing was just so cute. :)
awesomefroggy chapter 18 . 11/12/2011
Awwwhh! It's over! I absolutely loved it, the characters, the plot, everything. :D Excellent job!

I think I'd prolly be like Charlotte. "Wha? HE likes ME? Noes, never."
the dive for the last dorito chapter 4 . 9/9/2011
Dear Author of this amazing story

I'd like to thank you for this awesome,cute and adorable fictionpress which is extremely well of this fictionpress i can say that i didnt properly study for my science test because i was engaged in enthralling literature

So thank you, thank you, thank you,
witeaya chapter 18 . 7/19/2011
i have to say this story is so refreshing.

the plot, the characters and the writing style make it so enjoyable to read without all those unnecessary, cliched high school dramas.

love it to bits.

kudos~
Dottie.Ververs chapter 18 . 5/17/2011
You could give Nicholas Sparks a major run for his money. I loved this story so very much. It felt wholesome, good, and warm... there wasn't any spite or anything in any of the chapters and that just endeared me more to Char and Josh. You're very talented and thank you so much for sharing such a well-thought out and beautiful story with us.

~Dot
fallingtonowhere chapter 18 . 5/15/2011
Awwwww! I love it! I love Josh, I love him and Charlotte together, I love how sweet they are, I love how everything worked out, I love you for writing this, I just love this story _
fallingtonowhere chapter 10 . 5/15/2011
I just had to tell you how much I'm loving this story so far 3 Josh and Charlotte are so cute together, I can't wait to see how they'll finally tell each other how they feel. Will he paint a picture for her? Or play her something on the piano? Ahh I know it's going to be sweet :) ok I'm going to finish reading the story now.
Aria Deloncray chapter 18 . 5/8/2011
Aww, this was so sweet! I loved it.
Me chapter 18 . 5/8/2011
Okay, so i love the story. Like absolutely read 50 times love. One thing i absolutely love about it is that it wasn't like. Bam!

girl notices guy. Next day they get married.
191 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »