Reviews for The Classics of Love
rahbeam chapter 19 . 10/21/2014
I have to re-read the whole thing (...multiple times) each time you add on a new chapter. Just keeps getting better and better! I thought Baby I'm Not Finished tackled some pretty multi-dimensional thoughts and emotions but holy mackerel, this really takes the cake. Such, such rich characters practically dripping with depth. The need for an update HURTS
Guest chapter 19 . 10/6/2014
Absolutely terrific! Will be waiting with bated breath for the next chapter!
Pseudonym59 chapter 19 . 9/27/2014
Ahhh, I'm so glad you updated!

I really love how you have to read between the lines - there's a lot of subtext and it's nice not being spoon-fed everything.

Xavier and Artemis really bounce off one another. They have this really great chemistry and this unspoken tension of "let me get to know you more" and "it's none of your business".

I started out kind of liking Maya but after she started prodding Artemis about her sister knowing full well that what she was doing was malicious, I just lost all respect I'd had for her. Whatever jealousy she has is just getting pettier and pettier.
flanerie chapter 19 . 9/24/2014
Oh my god! That was incredible, I seriously cannot wait for the next chapter! I'm in love with Artemis and Xavier. I think their relationship is awfully realistic and down to earth. I love that they're finally opening up to one another, building this trust that seems almost unmatchable by anyone else. They work beautifully together, just as The Classics of Love is beautifully written. One of my most favourite stories on FictionPress for sure.
Yennefer chapter 19 . 9/24/2014
First of all, thank you for the update. It really made my day and I hope next chap is going to appear sooner than later… ;) I’m not a big fan of romantic stories, but I felt with this The Classics of Love almost immediately. I think it’s because your characters – they’re natural and complex and romance is not the core of the story. I feel like their stories are more important and the way they getting know each other is wow, seriously fantastic written. I usually don’t like main characters but not here. I almost wish I could meet them in reality. Their dialogues kill me every time in “I didn’t see that coming” kind of way. And the supporting characters – I freaking LOVE how important they are, with their own stories and personalities. They’re not usual bad villains/good friends and that makes them, yeah, natural and real. Lastly, I love the small things that make your story even better. Like Sven and Penelope in this chap, it was cute. And I bet he would be a great babysitter ;)
So, hats off. I hope you keep writing this fantastic story. It’s one of the best I read here.
Best wishes!
Yen

p.s. Sorry for my bad English (not my native language).
If you like gross books with dark humor - The Repossession Mambo (E. Garcia). Romantic - PS, I Love You (C. Ahern). Sci-fi: The Star Dairies (S. Lem).
Guest chapter 19 . 9/23/2014
AHHHH THIS WAS SO BRILLIANT! I've been waiting for this update forever and I loved it!

By the way, I recommend the Mara Dyer books by Michelle Hodkin. :)
Guest chapter 19 . 9/23/2014
Yes! You're back! I'm so glad that you updated. I actually had to reread the entire story so that I wasn't confused before u read the newest chapter. :P
Anyways, overall, I thought it was really great. I loved that we learned more about Clara's death-even if it was just a small hint-and I loved how Xavier reacted to Clara and Sven. Jealously is always so cute in the main leads.
I'm glad that we got to see a little bit more develop between Xavier and Artemis and see Artemis's she'll crack a little. I was slightly confused about the end of this chapter, though. I didn't quite understand the sudden shift.
Anyways, I really love this story and I can't wait to read more so please update as soon as you possibly can!
MileyRowling chapter 19 . 9/23/2014
Yes! I was so excited to see you updated! What about Brown Eyes, are you going to update that?
ess3sandra chapter 19 . 9/23/2014
anything by tamora pierce!

great to read something from you again )
rebecamontiel chapter 19 . 9/22/2014
Oh hun, I've missed this story so much. It's incredible how all sentences say so much and so little at the same time, how just like Artemis, we have to read between the lines to understand what the characters are saying, and what you're saying. But all of this is done in such an easy going way and flow, it makes it feel completely effortless, and that's the beauty of it.

I'm gonna have to re-read it again, but I never get bored by it :)
I just hope you can update faster, but I know life gets in the way!
Just promise to finish it eventually, I don't know if I'll be able to move on if you don't :D
Sacred flower chapter 19 . 9/22/2014
My first thought was, "Oh my goodness, she updated!" I loved this chapter! It made the wait worth it! :)
Be-U-tiful chapter 19 . 9/22/2014
YAYAYAYAY so happy you updated! Loved this chapter (: also you should check out Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus if you're into greek mythology and Graceling and also Fire by Kristin Cashore
Guest chapter 18 . 8/26/2014
Been missing this story, any chance of getting a The Classics of Love dose?
flanerie chapter 18 . 8/8/2014
Oh my gosh, I've completely fallen in love with Xavier and Artemis. I love that their love is a slow burn, no unrealistic insta-love, the best friendship. But my heart is breaking for the both of them and the difficult situations they've both been put in. I absolutely adore this story and can't wait to see the moment when they finally accept their feelings for one another (and then their admittance of them). I feel like there's definitely an issue of miscommunication, or at least, withholding of information (i.e. how Xavier ended things with Maya, how he doesn't want Artemis to leave, how Artemis herself needs Xavier's support system etc.), and I only hope this doesn't cause them too much pain or confusion later on. Ahhhh, IN LOVE.
foofoo chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
Hi. Will you finish ur story?
464 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »