Reviews for Left Up To Chance
serwaverider chapter 5 . 7/8
Okay, I'm over it, now I'm just jealous. Seriously though I love the pace and flow.
serwaverider chapter 4 . 7/8
Okay, no babbling, keep it short and to the point. I think I"m falling, but I don't know if it's Mickey or James.
serwaverider chapter 3 . 7/8
I liked it, it is hard to let people in, the closer they are the more it hurts when they leave.
serwaverider chapter 2 . 7/8
I cackled, okay not sure where that word came from but i'll leave it, when I got to the "not sure I gave my mouth permission" bit. Two very interesting characters so far. But then again nice guys are not common as common as lonely ones. Okay, sentence brain not working. I'll read on and hope I recover.
serwaverider chapter 1 . 7/8
As a non-societal person of society I get it, nice work in establishing character though Mickey is creeping me out a little, just a little. He's an ax murderer right?
FlowersBite chapter 9 . 6/11/2014
I always hate to see your stories end I just fall in love with your characters! Needless to say great story!
Sleeping Jay chapter 5 . 12/17/2012
asdfghjkl This is so damn adorable that I've even managed to bring myself out of lurkdom to comment on the sweet, tooth-rotting adorableness of it. And not in a bad way, you know. Although I don't know how a rotting tooth could be in any way good.

I really don't know how you manage to make James's self-consciousness so CUTE. Adorable. I feel like ruffling his hair. I mean, seriously, running to his home, sinking down to the floor while on the phone, almost squealing when Mickey came over to the studio, making sure he looked all artsy and important-mark my words; I'm definitely gonna die from the cuteness.

Also, the fluffiness really makes me happy. Your other stories, so far I've read the ones that has lots of drama and I just skip to the end (orz), and well, I guess I'm just not in the mood for that or something. So, I didn't do that for this story. I love this. Lots.

Back to lurkdom I go.
vis verbi chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I haven't gotten past the first the first chapter yet, but from what I've read this story has one of the most unique tones I've seen. The characters are both authentic and uncaricatured, which sets it apart from many other, flatter stories. I hope you don't mind my adding this to my community.
Keep Writing-Vis Verbi
heyitsstupidme chapter 9 . 11/2/2012
This story cheered me up. It is great and I like Jamie and Mickey. I think that they are both authentic and I really love the ending. Well done! :)
JHeartbreak chapter 9 . 11/29/2011
I've really enjoyed this story. I read "Caramel Macchiato" or whatever it was called and couldn't really stand it, but this and "the way back" are really good. You've developed this really even, contemplative prose style. I quite like it. I think the characters here are kind of the same character's from "The Way Back", but the situation feels different enough that it's not just re-hashing the same ground.

I'm honestly surprised how few reviews you've gotten considering the high quality of your work. I can tell you that I'll be reading most of the recent stories you've got up.

PS Do I detect a very subtle reference to Xanadu? When Jamie is painting and then he says that when he gets interrupted he loses his inspiration, kind of like what happened to Coleridge when he was writing 'Kubla Khan', a poem which refences Xanadu? I hope I get reviewer points for having so much literary trivia in my brain.
Socratic Muse chapter 9 . 11/2/2011
That was...so cute. o
Ponyang chapter 9 . 7/12/2011
I think the ending was just the beginning of the story. It started so well, characters were likable, ordinary people yet interesting. what missing is the climax. I could only wish there were more chapters. Anyhow, it was still a good read.
Oshini chapter 9 . 7/2/2011
Aw, this story is so cute! I love how awkward Mickey and Jamie are with each other. It's absolutely adorable!
violet summer chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
your writing causes the potential romance to literally radiate from the screen, love it 3
Rae Kitano chapter 9 . 6/3/2011
I love your story.

Glass blower was a great career to use for Jamie, I found this very original and gave your story direction.

I loved both your character and beautifully written.

Well done.