Reviews for 7) Eric Olafson Midshipman GC VIII
Guest chapter 19 . 9/1/2013
Great story ... I recommend you all read it at least twice it's that good ... Thank you for the great story
Howard W Lieske chapter 19 . 7/9/2013
Hello Vanessa Ravencroft,
"WOW" again I am amazed at how fertile your mind is, my word your writing is wonderful! Thank You Again For Your Great Words! I am really impressed by how you write so much Action/Adventure/Fantacy and Si Fi all in one story, I am truly in Aw you are a Great Author!
renee4 chapter 11 . 3/7/2013
Interlude:Parade Viertlvorfier or in German Viertelvorvier ?
Guest chapter 19 . 1/30/2013
great
Bill Hobart chapter 19 . 1/9/2013
In the league of Robert A. Heinlein!
Vanessa chapter 19 . 6/28/2011
No worries Tim. I am going to upload the first chapters to GC 9 this week.

(I am editing the draft right now )

In the mean time you can always check out the GalNet Wiki (Still very small) The link is in my profile.

Sorry for commenting on my own story but that was the only way I could answer Tim and dispel any fears ...;-)

VR
Tim chapter 19 . 6/27/2011
VANESSA! You can't leave us hanging like this! GC9 gogogo!

Out of the hundreds of stories i have read on FP, I can state that yours is by far the most captivating and them ost brilliant, well written story on FP!

Well done!

ps. GC9! hurry !
Silvak chapter 19 . 6/22/2011
Once again, I am blown away! I had read this before the big overhaul and so I kind of knew what happened, but I still wasn't prepared for the end. You got me again.

There were parts you repeated yourself because your were editing certain parts, but you'll catch that when you re-read it, so no biggie.

Since you've split the whole thing into separate books, you've shown amazing skill, re-explaining things in every book, but there are some times when you already have. The example I'll give is here in chapter 19.

Quote...

Once aboard they did issue us fully equipped Main Battle Suits. These, almost six ton suits were known as Quasimodos due to their humpback shaped appearance. The hump contained the main weapon, six long range multi warhead missiles and the Mini ISAH pack that allowed the space battle version to go superluminal. Even more than Union Battleships these behemoths of the latest Union and Terran Mil Tech symbolized Union fighting power especially in the eyes of our enemies. The shields powerful enough to survive a dive into the corona of a star, the armor nearly indestructible molecular compacted, lattice woven Ultronit and each strain coated in a atomic thin layer of Neutronium, the main reason for the suits great weight. Yet a wearer could move as fast and agile as if wearing nothing. The synthetic muscles augmented the strength of its wearer to truly superhuman levels. With a Quasimodo it was possible to jump clear across a five story building, even without using its flight capabilities. Finest X101 computronics enhanced reaction and agility while regulating the power.

...End Quote.

This being the very last chapter in this book, the reader likely already knows this so you could write something similar.

Example...

Once aboard they issued us "Quasimodo" Main Battle Suits. They were fully equipped except for the weapons being in training mode, otherwise we would have laid waste to the target world, simulated or not.

...End Example.

Putting the casual name before the technical name, especially when it's so often used in the military, would be appropriate if you feel you really must call them by their technical name. If not I would simply call them by their common/casual name.

And for this example you could go on to list the differences in the various suits. Possibly preclude that with the standard technical list to provide a comparison to the custom versions.

As always, only a suggestion. I eagerly look forward to hearing how Eric once again defies nature and escapes.
NeWBeE chapter 19 . 6/20/2011
I've got to say. When I read this ending the first time I was like what the...? Again? He just can't get a break. It's a good part of this storyline though. It shows that his friends seem to come together for Eric, but don't seem to be able to function like a well-oiled team without their fearless leader in the last few lines. Yes, they're great individuals, but it's the whole that makes them spectacular... Got to love the Tigershark that will be coming fairly soon \o/. Their adventure which I'm sure you'll get back to eventually was the best part of Eric's portion of the Series I've read so far. I was waiting for the combat once they were across the bridge. I shall wait for the new as your additions to the existing chapters are good and honestly I could read this story again... and again... and again..
NeWBeE chapter 17 . 6/17/2011
Another good story development point. Here Eric and his "gang" really prove they have what it takes as a cohesive unit in both fleet combat and show their ingenuity using everyone's combined skill sets to conquer those critical, unpredictable tasks that pop up out of nowhere. Got to admit though. The combat with the high tech Celtist ship is just cool too. lol. Well written chapter.
a99515 chapter 16 . 6/15/2011
VR You have in a short time went from a writer to a author. This chapter and chapter 15 are as different as night and day from last years writeing. Here's to you (AUTHOR VR)!
NeWBeE chapter 16 . 6/15/2011
Cheers!, Ding dong the blue basta*d's dead. lol. Happy to see faster updates again! Hope that it continues! It was a good read like always. It looks as if you fleshed out the end of this situation a bit in this version. It's well done. I look forward to then next update.
NeWBeE chapter 15 . 6/14/2011
This is a great chapter from the last version. I found the bog to be a very interesting and great development point for the characters and for the first time you really see the Olafsons' gang pulling together to show their worth as a cohesive unit. Before with the activities were all "tests", and even though this was supposed to be another test it ended up being a real issue for the gang to overcome. I say again, this storyline is great!
Rhodin chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Did he die? Come on don't let me hang.I need to know how it turns out!
Rhodin chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Did he die? Come on don't let me hang.I need to know how it turns out!
41 | Page 1 .. Last Next »