Reviews for Inspiration
Alone and Solitude chapter 12 . 2/23/2013
It is so true that sometimes the smallest thing can set you off and suddenly everything is overwhelming and all you have is anger at whatever is happening.

Alone and Solitude chapter 11 . 2/23/2013
Interesting that you chose to write this from the point of view of your sister rather then yourself. It is true that it can be quite hard growing up as the easy child, my sister was the black sheep of my family and made it very difficult for me to gain the attention of anyone when I was in trouble.

dragonflydreamer chapter 10 . 9/11/2012
Congrats on second place in the Review Marathon! Here's your prize review:

I like this piece because you're very aware of how confrontational you're being. A few lines in I was already getting pissed off and, knowing you, expected some kind of twist. The biggest thing that was running through my mind was, why is this exclusive to women? Don't men do this, too? That was especially interesting with the ending since the gender of the speaker is never identified.

Speaking of the ending: ah, the twist. I could definitely anticipate the direction you were taking, but that didn't take away from the zing you were going for.

My only criticism would be that this sentence irked me: "My response to those girls: an eye roll and a joke." It's chunky and awkward. Why you do have to structure it in a way that frames the eye roll and joke as nouns? It would be a lot smoother if they were actions in my opinion.
recycle rhymes chapter 12 . 8/29/2012
Very relatable I totally understand because I tend to focus on the little annoying things instead of the better things in life.
recycle rhymes chapter 11 . 8/16/2012
I can relate, my sister also gave my mom such a hard time growing up, I felt so much pressure to be the "good" child. It sucks that kind of pressure pushes you to the edge. Very touching blurb.
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Thanks for participating in the Review Game's Review Marathon! Here's your prize review!

I liked the way the author went on a little rant but brought "you" in at the end of the piece. It was an interesting tactic. Like, the reader was sort of detached at first, then the mention of "you" zeroes in on things and puts a nice perspective on what had come before.

At the same time, I felt like this was incomplete. It isn't that I wanted more content exactly—I liked the brevity. But I did feel that it wasn't a rounded vignette, like you could have done more to bring the subject full circle. If that makes any sense at all.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Wonderfully dry, with a distinct acid wit. From start to finish I was drawn in. Nicely Done.

Fabian Cortez
recycle rhymes chapter 10 . 6/4/2011
i'm in that feeling good on my own, but maybe a boyfriend wouldn't hurt. who am i kidding, guys are too much stress. yeah, i agree with most of your observations.
The Wandering Musician chapter 9 . 3/22/2011
Great job! I love your style of writing. I kind of felt like the first four chapters were one work and then chapters 5-9 were a different one. Within those divisions, they were cohesive.

"Good Enough Reasons" particularly resonated with me, so it was probably my favorite. I really appreciate how the speaker (I'm not sure if it is really you, so I didn't want to presume) just admits how she feels.

Wonderful work!
Moon-Chaser chapter 9 . 3/22/2011
Aww that was so sweet. Almost sickeningly so. But it was good.

Moon-Chaser chapter 8 . 3/22/2011
Intereting way of looking at it. I like it.

Moon-Chaser chapter 7 . 3/22/2011
I think that relationships mean different things at different times, they are constantly changing and therefore the reasons for keeping the relationship change. That's my opinion anyway. I really like that you reason it all out though.

Moon-Chaser chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
I like this, its always interesting to look at the different ways that the same few words can change simply through different tones. I like it.

Moon-Chaser chapter 5 . 3/22/2011
Ahh the good old waiting for someone lines, its never easy to go through.

keep it up.
Moon-Chaser chapter 4 . 3/22/2011
Its amazing how we can block out the bad things and gloss them over with the good, always looking for that reason to stay.

46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »