Reviews for The Exceptionals
Everis chapter 105 . 11/5/2012
Oh my gosh! I'm so happy you updated that I literally squealed when I saw this! The plot's thickened even further, and I'm so curious as to what will happen now. There's so many actions Arissa could take now, I'm even more excited for the next chapter to be added. Still loving the story! ]
Muzic-iz-Life chapter 105 . 11/4/2012
Whoa its been a long time since you updated! Glad you did though:-)
Elevatorbuttonsandmorningair chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
I know that this review is being catagorized under the first chapter, but it's more for your whole story (so far).

I like it. Lots.

And I get that it isn't the most original story, but it wouldn't do it justice to say that it's a 'straight copy' of anything else. In my opinion it has sort of a 'deja vu'-ey feel to it. Like, you know you've seen something along the lines of it before but not exactly. I still think it's great though. I'm a bit of a sucker for cliches. You're a really good writer too. I just kept wanting to read more and more... in fact, I was pretty much glued to my screen for the whole 101 chapters (my mom was getting worried).

Also, I like the name Dashiell. It's got that classy-gentleman-of-old ring to it.

Please update soon. I would be ever so grateful :)
Brian chapter 101 . 10/24/2011
Okay I'm reviewing now please update I don't care what its like its still different so update already lady this story is freckin awsome! Also i didn;t say it...great story.
Indicates chapter 2 . 10/18/2011
I just realized something. This story feels a lot like X-Men.

I didn't really notice it before, but the main character's name feels a lot like Mystique's real name, Raven Darkholm. Then there's a high school group, the Exceptionals, who are composed with people with superpowers. Then there's a group called the Exceptional Alliance that sounds an awful like the Brotherhood of Mutants. If Professor Channing ends up in a wheelchair, then my suspicions are pretty much assured.

Its okay to take inspiration, but if the story you have is incredibly similar to X-Men, then there's a problem. Even with all of that set aside, the characters are still spewing info dump in a way that still doesn't feel realistic and is downright confusing. Why don't these kids know who Arissa is if Arissa mentioned in the first chapter that these kids are seen in the summer programs? That's the first of many problems and there's very little in the way of me caring for these characters so far. As of yet, like I mentioned before, the events are told rather than shown: I am TOLD that Sakura is sarcastic, I am TOLD that Arissa is special; I am TOLD all of these confusing termonologies instead of it being introduced gradually in a way that can be shown.
Indicates chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Well, its an interesting premise, even though the premise itself is cliche to an extent. It follows the formula of a young person being a mutant of some sort who wishes to just be normal, and is forced to work under some evil corporation or government. As the chaper stands, it is incredibly wordy; almost everything the characters say and do is just info dump, robbing any sense of wonder and expections for the readers. Its all laid out to me, so there's very little in surprises.

To improve on this, it really isn't necessary to lay it all out at once. Arissa could complain about being sent to the school, but the reader never gets a clear reason why. When the characters are talking to one another, try to say what they're saying out loud. If it doesn't sound right or is overly wordy, then its probably a good thing to edit it. As it is, none of what the characters are saying are even realistic; most of this is stuff they all know about. There's no need to bring up things Arissa already knows.
Muzic-iz-Life chapter 54 . 9/12/2011
Wow can just say I love this story? I started readng it yesterday and haven't stooped exept for school and sleep:D I would of left a comment on the last chapter but when it mentioned "Haven't Met You Yet" I had to comment! My school choir sang it last year at the spring concert:D
Illiara chapter 98 . 9/10/2011
Loving this story, but upset it hasn't been updated for a while.

This chapter is by far one of my favorites, and I'm glad it was with Dash rather than Callunm. He is the most interesting character.

Anyhow, please continue. I would love to read more.
BritBookWorm chapter 98 . 9/8/2011
I love this story. Its amazing! How do you do it?

I adore Dash, he is way better than Callum. I hope he and Arissa get together soon they are just so cute!

The only down side to the story is Callum I don't like him, he just rubs me the wrong way.

Please please please please update soon you are killing me here ( but in a good way)

Cant wait for more.
MusicAndBookCrazy chapter 98 . 8/14/2011
OMG! This story is amazing. It's beyond amazing. I'll admit it's not the best writing I have ever seen but it has several points going for it.

1. It's original. In a world were all the stories out there are the same its refreshing to find something different. And your story is different. I've never seen anything like this before.

2. The characters are real. They aren't all fake or superpowered. They're all different and they're fun to read about. You've made me love some of the characters only to have them go bad.

3. Your story has enough twists and turns to be a roller coasters. It's awesome. The characters are constantly changing and showing new sides to their personalities. People like Sakura and Dash and even Arissa. It really interesting to see all these little hints coming together. Like the thing with Alice Grey.

4. This story is good enough to be published in my honest opinion. I, in no way claim to be a professional publisher, but I think this story could be really popular. I know if you ever published it I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I'm really looking forward to the next update. Oh and just so you know I would personally love to see Arissa and Dash end up together. I think they make a much more interesting couple then Callum and Arissa. The kiss at the end of this chapter made me laugh, smile, and dream of a wonderful future for them. )

Rachel aka MusicAndBookCrazy!

Peace out!
xsweetxtartx chapter 94 . 7/29/2011
i caught that harry potter reference in chapter 92 :)

and jeez, it's only been one semester so far? :O

anyways, can't wait for your next update!~
IAmEmeraldfae chapter 94 . 7/13/2011
Hello! Great three chapters! I can't wait for the next ones to come out! No really, I can't wait, because you ended with another cliff hanger... Nice job with the whole story. You're really creative. I can't wait to see a chapter in Arissa's POV, but you did a really good job of moving the story along without that. again, Great job!

-IAmEmeraldfae
IAmEmeraldfae chapter 91 . 6/22/2011
Yay! More chapters! I really like these last few chapters; you're really creative. I have but one criticism: spelling. A lot of the time I see some spelling errors in your chapters. Some of them aren't really noticeable, but some I have to figure out what you mean, which stops the 'flow' of the chapter. Great story!

-IAmEmeraldfae
xsweetxtartx chapter 91 . 6/21/2011
you are seriously awesome for updating so fast, and with four new chapters! ;O

damn, this story keeps getting more and more interesting..i keep trying to guess what project echo really is but none of my theories make sense..
xsweetxtartx chapter 87 . 6/20/2011
i just finished reading all 87 chapters in a day-i couldn't stop reading once i started ;P can't believe that this story doesn't have more reviews since the plot is just..wow!

arissa is definitely an interesting character..i can't believe that she's a clone-sooo not what i expected..and now that her powers are restored..ahh, can't wait to see what happens next :)

well, update soon!

p.s. more dash&arissa please? ;)
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »