Reviews for Cake or Death
PyroTech chapter 3 . 3/23/2011
I'm not sure if I liked that or not. It's a different style than what I'm used to reading. But I will admit that it was good.
Aske Nat chapter 3 . 2/10/2011
I really think you have a beautiful language, and it's so liberating reading something so smooth and coherent. Am I jealous? Oh, yes :)

But seriously, I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed the flow.

Also there are a lot of good descriptions in and every scene is very easy to imagine.

That said, I'm not so crazy about the form of the story, I think it seems somewhat random and jumpy, shifting very quickly from scene to scene. Granted I might just be me, but I thought I could be nice if there where a little more length to the things that Elliot experiences. It felt a little like reading bits an pieces from a much longer story, and here the end I feel like there should have been a lot more mass. These three chapters could easily have been stretched out to an entire book.

The characters and the plot were good, and very interesting, but I think they suffered a bit from not having enough time to unfold completely.

Anyway, I hope you get my drift- because I'm lousy at explaining- and I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff...'cause it's really good :)