Reviews for Till It's Broken
NearlyPrescient chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
an impressively strong sense of progression. my pet peeve with mainstream poetry is that it gets so abstract and just seems like random images. it seems like a really logical and rational progression of images here, which makes for a great read.

I found it interesting that it seems like you're clearly working with a word association exercise, but your voice still really seeps through and gets across to the reader. even when just a string of nouns or adjectives, it still feels like your writing, and really speaks of your strengths. great work
YasuRan chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Quite an interesting approach to narrative: it works well for the frantic tone of the speaker and the emotional/mental breakdown she appears to be undergoing. I liked how each word linked together made sense like 'Trip, dirt, the smell of earth'. I also liked the feeling of entrapment conveyed in the final part ('Alone, alone and a cell/Iron bars, bar-Barbie' and so forth). The 'mechanical' connotations remind me of cameras and the artificialty of celebrity status in turn.

Not bad at all :)