Reviews for Anatomy of a Rebellion
Deserthawk chapter 72 . 2/20/2013
"What about the Captain? He does stare at her a lot," Hoskins asked. See? See? I'm not the only one who notices these things! Nudge nudge. I don't know, I just wanna see him happy - if he's happy asexual that's fine - but goddammit I can't even ever tell if he's -happy- or not!
Haha, that scene between Cross and the soldier was the best. That's gotta be the best/worst internship ever. Although with a name with Cross I was kind of expecting him to go out like martyr. Goddammit what's wrong with me! I don't wanna see anyone die... not even William... Goddammit, stop talking about your family, Wallace!
You know, seeing this scene here where William reacts to Jordan's death - it kind of casts the Percy/Ceto scene in a stronger light. Kind of a Laertes vs. Hamlet response. God Percy, please don't turn into a tragedy.
Amiigan chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
This looks really promising. Only had time to skim it, but I plan on getting back to soon.
Deserthawk chapter 71 . 2/13/2013
I want to know what happened on the Ceto. That's some serious business - there hasn't ever been a mutiny in the U.S. Navy has there? Ah, poor Percy... I wonder what his brother was like? Were they close to each other? ARG the things I can't know are killin' me!
Hm, Mackenzie gave back her wedding ring. It seems she and Ethan are as close as ever. But still, that's a very symbolic gesture there.
Oh God Percy, don't let them use you! But what else can he do? Guess this is one of those no-win situations here. I want to believe the Professor, but it sounds way too rosy, especially after everything that's happened so far.
"we need someone like you to take everything away – and then give it back." Isn't it funny? Even after 71 chapters and 200,000 words I still don't know what kind of person Percy would be with 'unlimited power'. I guess his seeming lack of attachment makes him the best option at this point. Still, hope the dude doesn't snap.
Deserthawk chapter 70 . 2/13/2013
I think it says a lot about this era, that that entire crowd knows the words to La Marseillaise - something profound. Don't think I can find three people where I live that know even half those lyrics. People always look for these big indicators, like revolutions - and yeah that's happening too, but it's the little things that show times are changing. And I guess that's what really matters in the end.
Also - oh shit. I thought Jordan was a goner there. Don't do that to me! I kind of (definitely) like the guy now. It was the backstory that did it. I never really thought about that, how being rich limits you - maybe even more than being poor. I don't know, I still think I would like to have a lot of money, but I don't wanna lose track of reality either - it's kind of like winning the lottery, I suppose. This was a real nice chapter. Could even stand up as its own short story or something like that.
Also, the quotes.
"You are a psychopath, Jordan," she said to him. "You're just a pathetic man who could never handle reality. Enjoy your fantasy revolution."
That was great. In a tragic way.
Deserthawk chapter 69 . 2/11/2013
Bwhahaha, that first paragraph XD I love how you just turned that whole vulnerable-Raine thing on its head. And the "I'm vegan" thing was gold. That's my lady!
I like how everyone in the base is totally chill despite being attacked on two sides the weird planes (maybe it's Brunhart's help? I'm seriously running outta ideas here) - that must be rough for de Rojas. Having to fight back, even though he's really with them in heart. He's doing a good job though - and I'm glad they're getting help at Ellsworth! (BTW it's awesome how these are real places. Just saw Leavenworth on a map yesterday and I was like - woah) Yeah, he's definitely my favorite General so far.
That was a nice book excerpt at the end. Epic. That's a fictional book, right? Hm, makes me wonder how much supplementary material ya have hidden away... I'm telling you, you should post those up somewhere! Like the background history/philosophy. Then we can look back in ten years and it'll all turn out to be true...
Deserthawk chapter 68 . 1/30/2013
Wow - what a - bastard. God, that scene had me holding my breath. I was seriously worried about Raine there - I hope she's going to be okay...that moment with Wallace was kind of heart breaking. She's a tough lady. Sometimes I feel like she would make a good soldier.
All the same, I'm glad they didn't kill all those guys...I have a feeling there would be a lot more guys like Colt...if they could get the chance to talk to them somehow...otherwise I feel like they're going to be in for the long haul.
Woah. Definitely was not expecting that with Ellis. So Percy is technically - helping - the government by fighting Ellis? Woah.
"Not calculated into our simulation, unfortunately. Neither was the act of Congress rolling over for Ellis, while the judges okayed his rise to power." Well that's what you get for playing God, !
Deserthawk chapter 67 . 1/23/2013
"I was married to his brother." OH SNAP. Nice how you just slip these little details in here... god, that explains so much. Riane is kind of a psycho though, isn't she? Running around, hurt like that. It's like she doesn't realize she could die-or care. Be okay Raine, 'kay?
I like how McGill's getting a chance to shine. And man, does she shine. I can totally visualize this going on in my mind, action-movie style. It's got action, explosions, camaraderie... can't wait to see how they'll pull this off.
Interesting cliffhanger at the end. I'm not a big fan of the government at this point-but that's a pretty horrible way to die. I wonder if the Leavenworth people could have been in on it? It's a crazy thought. I wonder what the Sec of Defense was doin' there in the first place... SO MANY QUESTIONS
Deserthawk chapter 66 . 1/17/2013
Dammit, Fletcher. He's got a point though. "To be ruled by others, forced through institutions that brainwash you and feed you the supposed 'truths'..." know that feel, bro.
Nice imagery at the start. Reminded me of 'Field of Dreams' a bit. And Royal and Evelyn are so sweet together...
Yeah. That Wallace/Percy moment makes me realize how bad I feel for Percy. I guess he's the kind of guy who doesn't/can't let it show. Doesn't mean he feels it any less.
"we gotta find you a girl or… guy..." I literally don't think there's anyone left for him, haha. Which leaves him as the most obvious choice to die/sacrifice himself nobly, now that I think of it. God, I'm in a morbid mood today.
Deserthawk chapter 65 . 1/11/2013
Man, I want to see this in movie form. That was pretty epic. I can tell you spent a whole lotta time planning that... I would never have believed trucks with guns could win against a tank. Those guys sure can fight.
You might want to put a little note what an ATGM is, for people like me... It's pretty crazy that one shot from that can destroy a tank. I have not been keeping up with the modern technology at all...
It's weird. It really only sunk who was dying with the 'shot dead in the middle of the freeway'. I guess I'm the textbook example of the jaded public.
Averick chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I just started reading this but I like it. I've been reading some war novels and stuff and it took me a minute to realize I wasn't still reading those, but that's a good thing because it sounds all professional and whatnot. I really enjoy it so far! I will try to read more soonest. I can tell you put a lot of effort into this and it really shows, so even though I still have a lot of this to read, keep up the good work.
Deserthawk chapter 64 . 12/23/2012
BRUNHART! We meet at last...
Your writing style at the beginning is cool - it's almost like nonfiction. Like a history essay or a textbook (that I'd actually want to read!) The situation in Europe/China/Russia is interesting. I feel like there are several more novels (at least) of what's going on there. I wonder how Africa's getting on.
So... Brunhart. Hm, he's not as big of a jerk as I thought he'd be. Certainly not as arrogant. How he helps Percy despite his personal dislike. But it's kind of frightening, the whole world depending so much on one person. What's gonna happen if/when he dies? And what if he turns evil? Nah, that would never happen.
"Percival Raymond is bloody idiot..." I don't know why but I laughed really hard when I imagined this in an English accent XD
Deserthawk chapter 63 . 12/3/2012
Huh. Why did Percy lie to Ellis? I don't think he's seriously that stupid... well, maybe he is. It's kind of hilarious either way. And sad. What kinds of shows they have to put on.
I wonder what Ethan said to her.
("It doesn't matter," she said. It was the first time she answered one of his questions so promptly.) Are they - having a moment? I can't tell, arg. And the way he pushed past Riane... I really like how you've crafted this Percy/Mackenzie relationship. Am I weird for still wanting to see them together?
("Why?") I know, right? Even after all this time I still can't get into his goddamn head! How much longer can he avoid answering that question?
(the population at Riley outnumbered the entire Easy Eight by at least a hundred times.) This is gonna be good.
But I do hope Brunhart/someone comes through for them soon... they can't go on like this forever.
Deserthawk chapter 62 . 11/29/2012
Ough. I don't know, I'm kind of like Riane. That death got to me. Especially that description, with the 'shark's teeth'. That was vivid.
I think the worst part was when they were just standing there, when they knew they couldn't even save him.
I'm guessing the drones were from Ellis? It just seems like him. Not to even fight face-to-face.
I'm learning a lot from this story. What it's like to go on these bombing runs.
No, he didn't die for nothing. At least he galvanized a few people that needed that push.
Ha, I never thought I'd be saying this - but I could see Jordan as a decent president. Hm, or whatever analog there is in the new government.
Deserthawk chapter 61 . 11/7/2012
Huh this read kind of like a news article at some places. Not that that's a bad thing. It's like you're a historian from the (hopefully not) future.
Haha, Ceto still won't rise for him. Anyway.
"This was the first time Ethan truly saw the General face to face, and he suddenly felt as though he had judged the man wrong all along."
Well maybe I did too. At least he's capable of questioning his decisions. And doesn't want to go all Corpus Christi on Union.
"Use whatever you have to."
Oh hell, that doesn't sound good.
It's interesting that although Percy is the main(ish) character and we hear his thoughts, I still don't get him. I don't feel like anyone's directing him, like the war room believes. But I've got a feeling that he won't stop now, no matter what the government does.
Deserthawk chapter 60 . 10/27/2012
Whew. I was pretty worried about Royal, I have to admit. This means he'll be fine in the future too, right? ... right?
Freddie's a master at trapping people, isn't he? I still feel like it'll be in trouble if they get indebted to Brunhardt. He's definitely going to want something in return. Also I bet he's not a huge fan of Percy at this point, heh.
Nice reactions in this chapter. Royal to being 'dead' and Percy ... to everything. Something must've happened with his parents. Maybe with his sister's death? He seems almost like a machine at this point. I bet the revival of Wallace will bring him back some. And Warren too. I mean if he decides.
90 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »