Reviews for Flash Fiction
lookingwest chapter 7 . 10/10/2011
Very creepy. I don't know what it is...I think the title-it just makes me literally think she's wearing this guys skin and that's creepy for sure. But that might be an extreme. I like that you have those options of how to read this-literally or figurative. It can also function as a metaphor, I think.

Great October piece. I really also liked how you started with the idea of the dance and ended on that too. It makes the piece feel full circle. As a Flash Fiction, I think this functions wonderfully, it's just right, and demonstrates a small scene with all the right descriptions and attention to the five senses.

I absolutely loved the line "the trees stretch to the sky scrapping the ceiling of the world", because it was such a strong image but was also quite poetic. That's kind of why I love flash fiction so much, you can dip into both worlds and take them both effectively. Enjoyed this!
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 7 . 10/10/2011
Oooooh man, it wasn't until I was a few lines into this that I understood you meant she was LITERALLY wearing him, ahaha. Once I pieced that together, I shuddered and made grossed out noises. Very nice, I always love to be disgusted - especially through writing, because that doesn't happen very often.

I love the idea of them dancing together, her wearing his skin. I can just picture this demented woman prancing around by herself and hugging herself, snuggling into this coat made of human skin and... okay, I'm going to stop now. I think this might give me nightmares. Not of someone wearing me, but me wearing someone else.

I like how her motivation behind making him a coat was because he wanted to leave her, haha. Such a crazy woman... and I bet somewhere out there someone has done this before. Hmm... the urge to Google this is rising, and it makes me scared to leave the house...

This was damn creepy - perfect for Halloween. I could see this being the plot to an awesome movie.

I love how you took the prompt so literally. It's too bad you didn't submit this in time - you'd've definitely had my vote!

I found one typo:

[He tasted like honey and sweet. ]

Edit: I think you might've meant 'sweat' instead of 'sweet', but I could be wrong.
Sophia Alexandra chapter 5 . 7/5/2011
wow. that was so sad and emotional. really good story and very well written
Sophia Alexandra chapter 4 . 7/5/2011
good story
Sophia Alexandra chapter 3 . 7/5/2011
aw that was so sad!
Sophia Alexandra chapter 2 . 7/5/2011
wow i like this. very dark
thewhimsicalbard chapter 4 . 3/30/2011
Much like your thoughts on my piece, I like yours because it was so short. Unfortunately I caught myself glancing at the last line before I finished, which sort of wrecked the ending for me. However, looking at it as an author, you've done good work.

The only thing I would comment on is your sentence construction. At times, I feel like it becomes a little bit too repetitive, though I think you could easily fix this by eliminating some of your pronouns and putting the actual word(s) in there.

Good stuff, and thanks for your review!

-twb