Reviews for Secrets by the Sea
Punslinger chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
This is an interesting prologue to what could develop into a very entertaing story. Your writing style captures the readers' attention and makes them want to learn more about the young narrator and her family's problems.
Akeno-S chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to in any way; or I double posted. My sister's iPod is being very mean.

You are a very talented writer. I can see this going very far.

I love your describing style. I could literally see the ocean and the countryside... I really like your style.

I love how you described her past. I'm hooked. I could see her father as the type to have had a shaky home life and was around alcohol all his life, and that contributed to his drinking habits. It could have also been his relationship with his wife.

Her mother - is she bipolar? Or is it just a drinking problem? But you didn't mention that...

I can see the main character as an ocean girl; if her family wasn't so hazardous, she would have gotten a lot of good memories by the ocean with her parents.

I suggest that in the next chapter you keep her past vague and focus more on setting and getting to know our hero.

This was great - I hope you continue.