Reviews for Heaven, Nature, Woman
tayyaba chapter 1 . 2/16
Test
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
The last sentence of each haiku is made of wonderful.

'The sky is not broken' - that's such a beautiful line of poetry.

'Fire is the midwife' - those two images, of fire and then midwifery... The contrast is astounding, and I think that together, they echo upon each other, and it's a thoughtful way of expressing the science behind the germination of the seeds. It's pretty.

'Feeling superior is the best revenge' - and this just made me smile. Hell yeah. Well, It's clearly not supposed to do that to me, and the rest of the haiku is sort of, resigned, but I guess, I read it as a kind of recovery, vindication almost, and I'm not going to lie, I agree with that statement whole-heartedly.

You're good at this haiku business. )

. darker shade of pale
sophiesix chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
oh lovely! I love the ponderous nature of the first, it fits the haiku form beautifully. and the second is wonderfully compact yet complete - love the fire midwife. Plus you get the sense of eons.

The third is, of course, an eternal mystery ;) )
Netbug009 chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
I like the last one. :)
William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
I am really fond of the Bristlecone pines haiku. that last line "fire is the midwife" is a very strong and positive line. I read these to my wife and she smiled very big and told me to tell you that they are lovely haikus.

-William
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Hmm, I'm not sure about the last one. The best revenge is letting the other person KNOW you're feeling superior.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Did you mean for the poems to be connected because i can see a connection?
SirScott chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
I don't think these eternal mysteries will ever be solved. A lot of truth in these.

SirScott
Raebie chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Sorry for not being around lately. I hope to be more active now. Just had a little time off... yeah, we'll call it that.

Anyway, enough babbling! I like this! Very well written!
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Hey, been some time.

The first one was the most profound, the third makes a lot of sense once you think about it (I always convince myself that forgiving makes me the better person), and the second I didn't wholly get.

nickyO chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Fine workmanship, I like how you combined the three as separate thoughts but lightly connected.
Mishikaiya chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
I really like the images conjured up by the first two as well as the wit behind the best revenge of the third haiku. Very well thought out.
tiger002 chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
This was good, and I really liked the imagery of the fire as the midwife for the trees, and the one about revenge holds a lot of truth too. Great job!