Reviews for The One
Reader Girl789 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
wow. this story is sooooo good. just one chapter captured so much, and your way of writing was very eloquent and well written. its sad yet realistic, i like that. thnx for the great read :)
Miyano Ran chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
This is so sad. What a tear-jerker. I feel so very sorry for Grant. But for me, Alana was really wrong. If she really loved Mark purely from the start, even if they fought, she wouldn't just betray him and give herself like that to Grant. That is so wrong of her! She just led Grant on and gave him an expectation and hope which will never come. She tricked Grant in thinking that he might have a chance. Why is she like that? :( If I were Grant, I wouldn't think that she's the perfect woman. She just used him for pleasure during he lonely nights when Mark wasn't there beside her. If she was indeed a perfect woman, she wouldn't do something so atrocious. Grant deserves so much more. It can be seen that Alana's heart is broken in two, she had a hard time making up her mind.. Imagine! She kissed him one last time on her marriage day! That signifies her actual longing for Grant, but is powerless to go against the 'perfect' flow on how it should have been. So sad. Well-written, kudos to you! Keep writing
Freak Of Music chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
i luvedit... i really enjoyed the kinda tragedy in it..:)AND ur writing was truly AMAHHZZINGGG.. the characters emotions could easily be felt by da reader:) Amazing jobD

XOXOXO,

Freak of Music
SylvesterTheCat chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
This story was remarkbly well written.

Not only that, but while I read it, I could feel the emotions that the characters were feeling. I felt when Grant felt heartbroken, I even felt like crying at the end.

A good writer is someone who can write wonderful. An amazing writer is someone who can make a reader cry from the sheer beauty of the writing.

I want to do a dance right now and I want to explain how much it's effected me, how its almost haunted me, but then that would be impossible. You are an amazing writer, and for that I commend you.

I only dream of becoming a writer such as you are. Grant is a very complex person, I thought he would've frowned or done something at the end, but instead he smiled.

Why did he smile?

That was my only question. And then soon I smiled, and leaned back into my chair and stared at the blank computer screen.

I understand. He understands too, right?

Because he knows that he loves her, and he can't do a damn thing about it. But what about her? Was it your intention for the readers to guess, to wonder if Alana would someday pick Grant?

All in all, this was one of the most questioning, haunting, and amazing projects I've ever read; and for that, again I commend you for your brilliance.

Farewell,

.Free
summers-end chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
I really like the idea that someone can be "the one" for more than one person. You played with it beautifully here.

Keep writing!

summers-end
Wandering Reader chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Amazing Story! Amazing. But so sad! I've saved the link so I can read it again! There were a few spots that could use editing, a few awkward phrases, but a simple proof read will fix that no problem. Love it!

Oh! And the last line; GENIUS. It was satisfactory in a way. I don't know. I loved it though!
BarbieReader chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
I like it. It's well-written and you know how Alana feels.
Jonathan James Bingley chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Very well written. I enjoyed this story very much. If I may present one suggestion, I would recomend rephrasing the sentence: "Alana bit her lip playing with the side of her dress." It is slightly confusing. Other than this, you have done a spectacular job.
k.mogami chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Good story, short and kind of bittersweet. Nicely done.