Reviews for Drunk Text
Dark Lynnette chapter 15 . 12/27/2011
That was great. Thanks for sharing. One nit picky thing for when your publish it professionally, if I may suggest it, is that you alter the title. The current one is cute and didn't keep me from reading it. It may have even been a draw, however, I think a stronger title may come from one of Gunnar's lists. They were a constant throughout the story and they were hilarious. Anyway, that's just my unsolicited two cents.

Really liked your characters, the pacing, storytelling, tone and dialogue. Also did an excellent job with the present tense.

I look forward to reading more of your work!
Whitecrow chapter 15 . 12/26/2011
As you can see, trawling through all your stories since I read Words and Their Digestion. Liked this very much, tho agree with another commenter on ch 12 that the short unfinished sentences were hard to read there, and I almost didn't. Know what you were trying to do but it reads hard. Also cringed when Gunnar ran out after realising that he was about to tell Vance that he loved him, as this author-contrivance is pretty obvious as a reason for drawing out the story. But you moved the story on very well with James' death, so the wondering about how you were going to get Gunnar to grow up enough to admit his feelings was handled extremely well.

I initially thought this wouldn't have a happy ending, with both Gunnar and Vance being so up themselves, but in the end they both grew up enough to start something worthwhile. You showed their growth really well. Also loved Jon and Cara, as het side couples can sometimes be an annoyance, but these were just lovely and the growth of their characters and relationship was an unexpected delight and a bonus.

James creeped me out a bit. I actually read Learning How before this, so was aware of the un-brotherly feelings. Not that I'm against incest-fic, but I suspected James' motives big time, and felt Gunnar's relationship with him was not healthy. Sad that that family was so dysfunctional, without any seemingly obvious causes. But moving on, did very much like the hot mansex and the developing relationship between Gunnar and Vance. Despite any criticisms above I'm a sucker for a happy ending that seems a natural conclusion, as this one did. Fine job all round, thanks so much for sharing!
2cute4ya14 chapter 12 . 12/25/2011
Oh my goodness! So first just let me say that this story is amazing! In order for me to get into a story I have to be dragged in by the first chapter and the first few lines and me already hooked! I was going to give you one huge review at the very end but I felt that this one needs to be reviewed hardcore.

So it seems like Gunnar is feeling highly insecure of himself so he's constantly fighting his inner demons by saying what he wants and then going and putting on this front. Like Gunnar claims thatbhe doesn't love anyone but it was clear that he loves Vance. And the fact that he left right after sex explains thatch cares for this man too much that he's afraid to act on his feelings. In the beginning of this chapter I kept saying "why won't Gunnar just tell Vance that he wants a relationship and then I continued with the chapter and when he was drunk and trying to tell Vance he wanted a relationship I was getting so frustrated lol I just wanted Gunnar to tell him already! And then the paragraph where they were in the middle of having sex and they had that new connection where it seemed like they had reached an entire new level I was like "finally, these two have finally pulled their out of their asses and seen the light!" but then Gunnar ran out on Vance and I was like " you bastard! Get back there and tell him!" but it didn't happen! Now I just want them to sit and explain how he's feeling! Aside from that rant, I'm loving the story and everything about it. It's been real great outcome!
angielala32 chapter 15 . 12/20/2011
I loved this! It's so sweeet! good job :)
lost in pale blue chapter 15 . 12/9/2011
Love this so much! I love all of the characters and their interactions. And watching Gunnar evolve in a person that can love. He and Vance are just 3 :D
OchitaSora chapter 15 . 12/2/2011
So I acted like a massive sappy bitch by the end or as close as to one as I as can get. In all honesty I don't really read m/m pairings but I loved Gunner to bits as he's almost as dysfunctional as me so I can relate slightly. Anyways, it was a good read.
mousegirl05 chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
So I'm afraid I don't have much to say, except that I started this early this morning and it managed to make me late for work. lol. At first I didn't really like Gunner, but the story was interesting enough for me to press on. I really liked Jon and Cara. And while Vance was pure awesome, I still feel like he's something of a mystery. Which is GREAT news. Why? Because it means you have a potential for much, much more. Consider a sequel. Eh? Eh? _~ I'm not pushy, am I? Anyhow. Nice job. Cheers!
coco.munchies chapter 15 . 11/12/2011
I have the biggest smile on my face now. Gunnar is such an amazing character. He's funny when he's cocky and endearing when he's insecure...not to mention incredibly hot paired up with Vance.
marshmallow7 chapter 11 . 11/11/2011
and then you accidently called me babe...

this is like lily allen
Astir-Lewis chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Lmao, I love how he wakes up to that text. You mind if I use that sometime? lol I love this story
R. Ficst chapter 15 . 11/10/2011
So well-written! I love the characters, and Gunnar's changes, and just the hilarious and awesome details that bring out each personality and make every bit of the setting and situation real and believeable. I laughed out loud so many times. This is just so great and so well crafted!

I thoroughly enjoyed it! and... am really not the best at writing reviews when I'm sleep deprived, so I'll leave it at that.
pretensions chapter 15 . 11/8/2011
I seriously kept repeating "oh my god" at the very end of this last chapter because this was such a great story and I just devoured it in like two hours and oh my god oh my god.

Gunnar is a really loveable protagonist. His quirks, his so-called inability to love, his faux-cockiness, his admiration for his brother, his drunken babels - all of it. And Vance as the other side of the couple - what a great guy. Really, if this were real life, I would want to get to know him. It was so clear that it really took a lot for him to dip his toes into the relationship pool, instead of sticking with the easy route, fuck buddies, hook-ups, et al. But it's okay, because Vance Gunnar so cute and sweet.

And really, you just completely went a level above FictionPress-type stories by adding dimensions like death and grief. When Gunnar repeated "James is dead" into his palm over and over again, I essentially lost it, because I've done that before, I've grieved before, I've loved and cried before, and it was such a heartbreaking, realistic scene.

Oh, James. Solitary guy. Cool guy. Distant guy. Lonely guy.

Cara and Jon were very strong supporting characters, as well. I was almost as ecstatic about their engagement as they were.

Conclusion: This was one of the greatest stories I've ever read on FP - nay, the internet in general. I laughed, I snorted, I cried (oh, I cried), and at the very end I just smiled so wide. Thank you for writing this.
foreveran chapter 15 . 11/3/2011
LOVED IT ;)

cant wait to read more of ur stuff
foreveran chapter 7 . 11/3/2011
aww again poor Gunnar but in a way its good he did this to girl before hes getting his karma with the first person he really likes
foreveran chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
Aww poor Gunnar

and fucking love the sex scenes aha xD
377 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »