Reviews for Drunk Text
bbbee chapter 15 . 3/31/2012
I was utterly charmed by this story. Great characters and great writing. I think you should try to publish your writing in the future, it defenitely has the potential to sell! :)

hugs
lknots chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Found this through someones updates on Goodreads. Read all through. Liked a lot! Especially the drunken ramblings :) Thank you for writing!
SandraMyfictionnook.com chapter 15 . 3/27/2012
Hi,

stumbled over this on Goodreads on a friend's profile. Some kind soul put this up and I came right over after reading the blurb and read this story in an afternoon.

And loved it. LOVED IT! Why isn't this published? Gunnar was adorkable as he stumbled through not only figuring out his sexuality but also how to maneuver his way in and around a relationship with a guy who's just as commitment-shy. This was FANTASTIC. I'll be posting a review on GR as well, if you want to come by and check that out!

Thank you for sharing!

Sandra
moggy chapter 15 . 3/24/2012
this is the first time i've been on fictionpress, and i am so glad your story is the first i fell on. your writing is fantastic, the way you get emotions across is incredible! i love this story and really enjoy your writing style! (i cant seem to get down how excited i truly am about your writing)! and now i'm off to hunt through the rest of your stories! thank you for putting your wonderful creations on the tinterweb!
SilenceInHonour chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Well, I haven't read the whole chapter yet but... genius line: "Well, apparently, I was fucking a guy into my mattress and doing something else that involved finger painting. You?"

That's definitely going in my 'favourite lines of all time' list. *still laughing*

~Silly (SilenceAsIScream)
LoriSK chapter 15 . 2/27/2012
Really enjoyed your story!
tell it to the sky chapter 15 . 2/9/2012
love this. Gunnar and Vance are so cute together.
Honunjama chapter 15 . 2/7/2012
Really enjoyed this

I think that paragraph with Gunnar thinking 'I love you I love you I love you' and then Vance's response is one of my favorites in the whole world.

Thanks so much for posting this

Suki .
Honunjama chapter 9 . 2/5/2012
Oh my fucking god you're awesome! I love this story, I love Gunnar, I can't wait to read the rest
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 15 . 1/30/2012
So nice and so deep! I was thinking How can a fic that starts with a one-night-stand turn out this fulfilling? But you pulled it off and Gunnar's such a sweetheart. You and your brilliant writing made my day!
JHeartbreak chapter 15 . 1/20/2012
I loved this story. I thought you did a good job of keeping the different plot threads together. I liked all the characters - they seemed unique, not just broad types. I'll check out what else you've written.
Vera Dicere chapter 15 . 1/14/2012
Okay. Adding this (and you) to my favorites, stat. I started reading this story sometime in the fall, but it was only up to chapter 11 (I think?) and I forgot to come back and check on it (as well as being lazy and not adding it to my alerts)...so I was super excited to see that it's complete now and I literally just spent most of my afternoon rereading it.

AND IT IS AWESOME. I definitely had high hopes for it the first go round, and you didn't disappoint with the ending. I loved Gunnar's relatively easy acceptance of himself (because he's so awesome, obviously being *fabulous* as well is not something to be upset about) and how quickly he was falling for Vance (oh, my heart cried out at those early awkward moments - I just wanted to hug the poor boy). And then the little hints that Vance was beginning to feel just as attached (and was just as thrown about it) as Gunnar and the sweet little things he'd do. And the sex. My god, the sex. I would bookmark this story just for that, good grief.

Honestly, there are a lot more things about this story that I loved (Cara, Jon...even the angst) but I could probably go on for a while, so I'll just cut it short. Suffice to say, this story is fantastic and I'm really happy you decided to share with your adoring public. ;)
donnedid chapter 15 . 1/13/2012
Hot damn this was a delicious fic! Very glad you finished it (and that I found it complete already so I could read it all in 2ish sittings w/o agonizing for updates) :) Had all the fixings:: cute/quirky/slightly obnoxious but loveable male lead, likeable supporting cast, crazy-hot sex, comedy, le angst (sob, shit seriously the last few chapters - and this line in particular: "There will never be a million things Gunnar didn't even know he was expecting to one day happen—didn't even know he was yearning for." - put to words a particularly painful and real part of dealing with an unexpected and too-young death. Did not see the angst coming also.) Though I wonder if perhaps James' death is too obviously a plot device to further Gunnar's char development, I think it also worked to ground the fic a bit and make it something more than simple fluff and fun. I am glad that the angst didn't come from some cliched relationship woe, good on you for avoiding that. And Gunnar's experience of grief was again very believable.

The ending was sweet and kind of perfect. Will be re-reading this, and must check out your other fics now! Thanks for the lovely story. :)
frolic-horror chapter 15 . 1/8/2012
Cute story :) my only criticism is that Gunnar was a bit too fast in admiting to himself that he isn't quite as straight as he thought.

And I feel like pouting because we never got the full story of the night they hooked up. I imagine Gunnar was super drunk and got fixated on Vance, but is that all? There has to be a reason why drunk Gunnar noticed Vance.
Dark Lynnette chapter 15 . 12/27/2011
That was great. Thanks for sharing. One nit picky thing for when your publish it professionally, if I may suggest it, is that you alter the title. The current one is cute and didn't keep me from reading it. It may have even been a draw, however, I think a stronger title may come from one of Gunnar's lists. They were a constant throughout the story and they were hilarious. Anyway, that's just my unsolicited two cents.

Really liked your characters, the pacing, storytelling, tone and dialogue. Also did an excellent job with the present tense.

I look forward to reading more of your work!
391 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »