Reviews for Drunk Text
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 15 . 1/30/2012
So nice and so deep! I was thinking How can a fic that starts with a one-night-stand turn out this fulfilling? But you pulled it off and Gunnar's such a sweetheart. You and your brilliant writing made my day!
JHeartbreak chapter 15 . 1/20/2012
I loved this story. I thought you did a good job of keeping the different plot threads together. I liked all the characters - they seemed unique, not just broad types. I'll check out what else you've written.
Vera Dicere chapter 15 . 1/14/2012
Okay. Adding this (and you) to my favorites, stat. I started reading this story sometime in the fall, but it was only up to chapter 11 (I think?) and I forgot to come back and check on it (as well as being lazy and not adding it to my alerts) I was super excited to see that it's complete now and I literally just spent most of my afternoon rereading it.

AND IT IS AWESOME. I definitely had high hopes for it the first go round, and you didn't disappoint with the ending. I loved Gunnar's relatively easy acceptance of himself (because he's so awesome, obviously being *fabulous* as well is not something to be upset about) and how quickly he was falling for Vance (oh, my heart cried out at those early awkward moments - I just wanted to hug the poor boy). And then the little hints that Vance was beginning to feel just as attached (and was just as thrown about it) as Gunnar and the sweet little things he'd do. And the sex. My god, the sex. I would bookmark this story just for that, good grief.

Honestly, there are a lot more things about this story that I loved (Cara, Jon...even the angst) but I could probably go on for a while, so I'll just cut it short. Suffice to say, this story is fantastic and I'm really happy you decided to share with your adoring public. ;)
donnedid chapter 15 . 1/13/2012
Hot damn this was a delicious fic! Very glad you finished it (and that I found it complete already so I could read it all in 2ish sittings w/o agonizing for updates) :) Had all the fixings:: cute/quirky/slightly obnoxious but loveable male lead, likeable supporting cast, crazy-hot sex, comedy, le angst (sob, shit seriously the last few chapters - and this line in particular: "There will never be a million things Gunnar didn't even know he was expecting to one day happen—didn't even know he was yearning for." - put to words a particularly painful and real part of dealing with an unexpected and too-young death. Did not see the angst coming also.) Though I wonder if perhaps James' death is too obviously a plot device to further Gunnar's char development, I think it also worked to ground the fic a bit and make it something more than simple fluff and fun. I am glad that the angst didn't come from some cliched relationship woe, good on you for avoiding that. And Gunnar's experience of grief was again very believable.

The ending was sweet and kind of perfect. Will be re-reading this, and must check out your other fics now! Thanks for the lovely story. :)
frolic-horror chapter 15 . 1/8/2012
Cute story :) my only criticism is that Gunnar was a bit too fast in admiting to himself that he isn't quite as straight as he thought.

And I feel like pouting because we never got the full story of the night they hooked up. I imagine Gunnar was super drunk and got fixated on Vance, but is that all? There has to be a reason why drunk Gunnar noticed Vance.
Dark Lynnette chapter 15 . 12/27/2011
That was great. Thanks for sharing. One nit picky thing for when your publish it professionally, if I may suggest it, is that you alter the title. The current one is cute and didn't keep me from reading it. It may have even been a draw, however, I think a stronger title may come from one of Gunnar's lists. They were a constant throughout the story and they were hilarious. Anyway, that's just my unsolicited two cents.

Really liked your characters, the pacing, storytelling, tone and dialogue. Also did an excellent job with the present tense.

I look forward to reading more of your work!
Whitecrow chapter 15 . 12/26/2011
As you can see, trawling through all your stories since I read Words and Their Digestion. Liked this very much, tho agree with another commenter on ch 12 that the short unfinished sentences were hard to read there, and I almost didn't. Know what you were trying to do but it reads hard. Also cringed when Gunnar ran out after realising that he was about to tell Vance that he loved him, as this author-contrivance is pretty obvious as a reason for drawing out the story. But you moved the story on very well with James' death, so the wondering about how you were going to get Gunnar to grow up enough to admit his feelings was handled extremely well.

I initially thought this wouldn't have a happy ending, with both Gunnar and Vance being so up themselves, but in the end they both grew up enough to start something worthwhile. You showed their growth really well. Also loved Jon and Cara, as het side couples can sometimes be an annoyance, but these were just lovely and the growth of their characters and relationship was an unexpected delight and a bonus.

James creeped me out a bit. I actually read Learning How before this, so was aware of the un-brotherly feelings. Not that I'm against incest-fic, but I suspected James' motives big time, and felt Gunnar's relationship with him was not healthy. Sad that that family was so dysfunctional, without any seemingly obvious causes. But moving on, did very much like the hot mansex and the developing relationship between Gunnar and Vance. Despite any criticisms above I'm a sucker for a happy ending that seems a natural conclusion, as this one did. Fine job all round, thanks so much for sharing!
2cute4ya14 chapter 12 . 12/25/2011
Oh my goodness! So first just let me say that this story is amazing! In order for me to get into a story I have to be dragged in by the first chapter and the first few lines and me already hooked! I was going to give you one huge review at the very end but I felt that this one needs to be reviewed hardcore.

So it seems like Gunnar is feeling highly insecure of himself so he's constantly fighting his inner demons by saying what he wants and then going and putting on this front. Like Gunnar claims thatbhe doesn't love anyone but it was clear that he loves Vance. And the fact that he left right after sex explains thatch cares for this man too much that he's afraid to act on his feelings. In the beginning of this chapter I kept saying "why won't Gunnar just tell Vance that he wants a relationship and then I continued with the chapter and when he was drunk and trying to tell Vance he wanted a relationship I was getting so frustrated lol I just wanted Gunnar to tell him already! And then the paragraph where they were in the middle of having sex and they had that new connection where it seemed like they had reached an entire new level I was like "finally, these two have finally pulled their out of their asses and seen the light!" but then Gunnar ran out on Vance and I was like " you bastard! Get back there and tell him!" but it didn't happen! Now I just want them to sit and explain how he's feeling! Aside from that rant, I'm loving the story and everything about it. It's been real great outcome!
angielala32 chapter 15 . 12/20/2011
I loved this! It's so sweeet! good job :)
lost in pale blue chapter 15 . 12/9/2011
Love this so much! I love all of the characters and their interactions. And watching Gunnar evolve in a person that can love. He and Vance are just 3 :D
OchitaSora chapter 15 . 12/2/2011
So I acted like a massive sappy bitch by the end or as close as to one as I as can get. In all honesty I don't really read m/m pairings but I loved Gunner to bits as he's almost as dysfunctional as me so I can relate slightly. Anyways, it was a good read.
mousegirl05 chapter 15 . 11/15/2011
So I'm afraid I don't have much to say, except that I started this early this morning and it managed to make me late for work. lol. At first I didn't really like Gunner, but the story was interesting enough for me to press on. I really liked Jon and Cara. And while Vance was pure awesome, I still feel like he's something of a mystery. Which is GREAT news. Why? Because it means you have a potential for much, much more. Consider a sequel. Eh? Eh? _~ I'm not pushy, am I? Anyhow. Nice job. Cheers!
coco.munchies chapter 15 . 11/12/2011
I have the biggest smile on my face now. Gunnar is such an amazing character. He's funny when he's cocky and endearing when he's insecure...not to mention incredibly hot paired up with Vance.
marshmallow7 chapter 11 . 11/11/2011
and then you accidently called me babe...

this is like lily allen
Astir-Lewis chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Lmao, I love how he wakes up to that text. You mind if I use that sometime? lol I love this story
382 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »