Reviews for Drunk Text
Pantu chapter 9 . 10/3/2013
orifices... best word ever. I now have an old lady sat next to me, must - not - laugh - inanely
Pantu chapter 6 . 10/3/2013
Hey there, started reading this because of SKoW I think. Sorry for not reviewing till this chapter, I hate doing it on my phone but I'm getting through it faster than I expected. So please forgive random words and bad spelling/ grammar that may occur.
But anyway, I just wanted to say that this is great so far. It's been funny and sexy and thoroughly inappropriate for reading on a train (guess where I am - lol). Anyway I'm trying not to actually laugh out loud and look like an idiot, it's mostly working. I love Gunnar's narration, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to reading the rest and then probably working my way through your other stuff.
Thanks for sharing
- Pantu
2nd chapter 15 . 9/27/2013
I would so love a fic from Vance's POV... Or maybe a oneshot of the night they met ;) Just saying, I mean if you've ever inspired... Haha.

I love Vance and Gunner so much. Thank you for creating them. Thank you for sharing them, and your hilarious, quirky, and GOOD writing with us. You're great.
De Coeur chapter 15 . 9/27/2013
I love it! Hilarious. Adorable. Sexy.

I like your style of writing; it's very raw but also entertaining to see the main characters stumble through their first love. It makes me all squishy inside. Also, congratulations on the SKOW nominations! I'm glad to have found your stories through them!
mintyfish chapter 15 . 9/12/2013
Oh man. I know I'm really late to the party, but I was sick and looking through every LJ recc I could find and...I'll admit I wasn't sure about reading this past the first chapter, because it uses a lot of slash tropes that I'm not a huge fan of, and although the narration was really, really funny, I couldn't get a handle on Gunnar as a character at all. But it was funny and I was sick so I kept reading, and...I'm really glad I did. Normally that doesn't happen! But wow. This pulled together so beautifully. I kept reading it thinking that it was essentially PWP and it couldn't HURT to read all of it-but it did hurt, and not in the way I expected. The turning point for me was the flashback with his brother; suddenly I was like DAMN that was well done, where is she going with this? And I was not disappointed. From that point on I really believed all of Gunnar's character development, and it made sense of everything that came before it. I'm really astounded by how funny, and consistent, and thematically complete this is, even as the prose and tone subtly changed along the way. And every trope I wasn't sure about you took and turned completely on its head, which is practically my favorite thing in fiction ever, but in really clever and realistic-but also hilarious-ways. (The only thing I did not believe was when he thought just saying his name isn't a conversation opener. Because personally, I have a lot to say when I meet something with a hilarious Viking name, and given that my uni is partnered with Reykjavík university for Old Norse studies, that happens to me A LOT MORE than to most people.) Each character feels interesting and unique. I'm really excited to read everything else you've written, although I'm super distressed to see you're on a writing hiatus because that means at some point I'll run out of funny, amazing stories to read. But seeing as I've been on a writing hiatus ever since my girlfriend and I shacked up, too, I can hardly do anything but congratulate you and wish you the best. :) (Is that stalkerish? I was just poking around your profile to find more things to read and when I saw the second tumblr I was like OH DAMN THAT IS IS SUPER GOOD EXCUSE.) Maybe we should form some sort of writing group/support club ;) Thanks so much for posting!

tl; dr: reading this made my day much more awesome and you are pretty much the bomb.
writers are INSANE chapter 15 . 8/21/2013
;A; omfg this story. THIS. STORY. I loved it soo much and I found it on the SKOW Awards and am going back there right now to vote for it in whatever categories it's been nominated for ;AA; I read it basically in one go and it was fantastic. Thank you SO much.
Preposterous chapter 15 . 7/23/2013
Wow. Just wow. You wrapped this story up so neatly in 15 chapters. The ending was perfect for everybody (except maybe not James) . Kudos on finishing this!
Preposterous chapter 13 . 7/23/2013
So sad. I kinda liked James from what I read in the oneshot. Poor Gunnar.
Preposterous chapter 12 . 7/23/2013
Drunk gunnar is great and so refreshingly honest. The relationship ia finally getting somewhere. Great chapter!
Preposterous chapter 11 . 7/23/2013
Looks like Vance is falling in love too. They should just admit it already.
Preposterous chapter 9 . 7/23/2013
At this rate gunnar's never going to get over vance. Lol. Cheers for the action.
Preposterous chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
I've been so into the story that I almost forgot to comment. Gunnar is getting so emotional when he should just hunt Vance down and do something about it.
GadgetGurl chapter 15 . 7/22/2013
Wow, that was...interesting. I wasn't into the snarky-bastard thing at first, but you totally made it work. And the best thing was that there wasn't a shy, virginal uke or a closet-case in sight. Wonderful. Gunner's list making...I'm not sure if that was cute or creepy. Leaning towards cute, and the titles were funny.
I have to say, though, I'm in two minds about your short-sentence habit. On one hand, it adds a fresh realistic feel and uncertainty to the thoughts and words of the characters, but when you use it heavily, it starts to get a little annoying; it interrupts the flow of the writing. Make of that what you will.
:-)
Rabid fan chapter 11 . 6/29/2013
I blame you for all the sore muscles in my face that just isn't used to this absurdly lovely level of goodly-ness. These happy feelings and persistent smiles aren't normal!
Fan chapter 2 . 6/28/2013
I always love being reminded how hot characters are, and arrogant bastards are my favourite laddy loves.
Props for character and execution 3