Reviews for scattered
laurenmlbc chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
I love how you made the scattered word...well, scatter as the poem went on. That was a nice effect!
Bonjour Skitty chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
The format behind the words "Scattered" adds an interesting appeal to this poem. Also, you create an image of desperation and desperation with your words. Keep writing. It gets the pain out.
Smileyface33 chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
I really felt the emotion in this poem. I've gone through a time like this and I think you captured it beautifully. You are truly a great writer.
schizosophia chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Interesting. I feel this.
BookcraZzaY chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
i absolutely love this, It's just amazing!
unuseddd chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
I like what you did with the word "Scattered" (:
paradisgatan chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Beautiful. I love the evolution of this poem - especially the lines "word by word i break it down, / words my words, they break me down." and of course the various reincarnations of "scattered".

Perhaps what strikes me as most interesting about this piece, though, is something that perhaps wasn't even intentional. It's just that, for a piece about fragmentation, dissolution, and spinning out of control… it's incredibly coherent as a whole. There's a wholeness and consistency of form that stands almost at odds with the emotional experience being related. I think the "medium" here makes the "message" stand out even more by contrast. It's a really interesting effect.