Reviews for No More
HowCouldThisHappenToMe chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
I enjoyed reading this. The story it tells is a sad one, but one that is far too common in the world today. Or, perhaps I should say it is the worst-case scenario for the far too many people who are put into those types of situations.

The style of this poem actually reminded me very much of Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven". The repetition of "No more" probably was the reason for this, much like the repetition of 'nevermore' in Poe's work. Personally, I love the repetition because it drives the point of the story you are telling through this poem.

The rhythm was a bit akward at times and I found myself losing the rhythm in one or two lines, but quickly picked it back up, so it's nothing major.

Overall, I think this was a very well-done poem. Bravo!
Joshua P. LaFleur chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
I appreciated the overall flow of the poem. As you seem to be trying to use a rhythmic scheme work on it a bit more. There were certain parts that flowed better than others. I myself don't like to limit myself to a set rhythm. I just like to write and see what flows. But that's just me. :-) I found the content easy to follow. Overall if I were to grade this poem I would probably give it a B. Good work keep at it.