Reviews for Alasdair: A Change of Pace: November 2015
non.graceful chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Its intriguing .. I just found this on your profile so I didn't know if it were part of a story or just a separate one shot... It's good A Fire Rose... It would have been great to see more of it though!

Oh! I found your profile on some review forum... :/ I think!

Hopefully you get more reviews for this!
xenolith chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
uh, just saying, you clearly can't know much about abortions.

by the time a fetus has developed enough muscles to flex their fingers and smile the pregnancy would have to be at least six months along which means that it wouldn't even be legal.
KarenClariz13 chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
I like your story but I don't understand the ending part. I mean the last paragraph, but over-all, for me, it's good. ))
Pranali chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
i don't get it...
lookingwest chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Uh. Okay. Content wise, I have a huge problem with the beginning part of this, and it's not because I'm pro-choice or anything it's that I feel you might not have done your research about the subject. The safest time to have an abortion is before 12 weeks, ideally, before 8. The chances that Riley has not yet made a decision that far into the pregnancy gives an edge of un-realism in character motivation to me, also because most providers will be extremely reluctant to provide abortion after 12 weeks unless it's life threatening to the mother and could kill her due to complications. I dunno, there was just something off about the stage of development in the fact she was still considering abortion. Again, I'm not a total expert on this, so, you know, whatever-I know every single state has a different law, under the state I live, she wouldn't have even had the right that late in the game, or the choice.

You've picked a super heavy topic for fiction too, and I suppose I admire your passion for pursuing it. I thought the characters of Riley and Alasdair were quite realistic, and I liked that the ending was a little ambiguous, though I'm not so enthused about the implied punishment (from her perspective, Alasdair's rejection) Riley receives for her initial decision. Beyond that, I thought this had an easy flow to it, and it was well editing too, so it made for a good reading and I liked that. You had good attention to character details which made them come alive, and your settings, though simple, worked well too.