Reviews for Yewman Writes
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Loved the way you rubbed similar sounds and letters together in the poem. Made for a very musical piece, almost a cacophony. It gave the piece a beat of its own.

Nice note at the end too. Ties in nicely with the prompt.

Good job and good luck in WCC!
Nesasio chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
In this fine Document have we do henceforth affirm our creeds and promises.

-Omit the 'have'

I loved reading the poem part of this. It's a very cool style that would be interesting to hear read aloud. I mean, that'd minimize the effect a bit if you didn't have the poem in front of you to see the difference in words/sounds, but I really like that you played with the sound of the words rather than just what you read. Showing the document is cool, too, the way you juxtapose the noble words with the reality of things.

Nice job and good luck in the WCC! :)
PoetryQueen chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
I like the transition from poem to document. Although I am not sure what you are trying to say. Is it ironic?

I love the syntax in the title. I did not realize that it actually means Human Rights at first, very clever!

Speaking of syntax, I would take out the word booger. It takes away from the serious topic.

Using the quote at the top was a very good technique. It catches the readers attention. I liked the quote very much.

Overall this poem is good, I would make the meaning a little more clear though. Good job and good luck with the WCC!
Narq chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
woah!

Um, though I find it intriguing, and full of potential to dig in deeper (meanings), I don't really understand what you're trying to say.

Sorry.

Good luck for the WCC!

Narq.
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
This was an interesting piece. Honestly, I didn't like the transition between the poem and the document, but I suppose it worked for your purposes.

Good luck in the WCC!
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
I don't tend to review poetry, and this review will probably demonstrate why.

I enjoyed the rhythm of it though, and the way you played about with words. The cool to calm, and bugger and booger. It was fun to read aloud.

The cynicism of the big, official words at the end, followed by the bit about it being for sale made me smile too. It felt true, depressingly.

My first impression was wtf? but the more times I read it the more I felt like I understood. Although I still don't think I'm smart enough to really appreciate it, or what you're trying to say.

Does that help any?
Rippling Ebbulience chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
That was quite an interesting topic to write about..! :)

Great work!