Reviews for Lamentations: The Saints And Angels Are Singing
Vivace.Assai chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Sorry for the late review. I said I would try to review some of your stories during the week but my mind works in strange ways... so it took until today for me to read a story.

Interesting poem. I'm not sure if this poem is separated into stanzas or anything, which is one thing with fictionpress that is confusing... Formatting with poetry can be hard to determine sometimes.

But I liked the diction chosen. The words really fit the feel of life and death. It also gave a really spiritual flow. The repetition of [My family may be dressed in black/But the saints and the angels are in white/Loved ones on Earth may gather to mourn/But the saints and the angels are singing] was nice, though I would have liked it more if it was separated into another stanza or italicized... something to make it more separated from the other thoughts.

This poem had a great tone though. It was very reflective though also accepting. It showed how the character (Liam) knows he will die and has accepted what has happened, though he knows people will be sad when he dies.

Overall, a beautifully spiritual poem.

Signing off...
Greta chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
This is such a beautiful reminder that we are not home yet!
lipleaf chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
The lack of punctuation feels a bit strange- the lines seem as if they are left hanging in some places. It makes the flow sort of jerky and stunted, like the reader isn't sure where to pause to take a breath. The repetition of "My family may be dressed in black... but the saints and angels are singing" is a bit out of place to me, perhaps because an entire stanza is repeated rather than one or two lines. I liked your word choice- you captured the feel of divinity well.