Reviews for Cat
natalieward chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Plot: wow, really interesting! I love the way you've told this story from a cat's POV, it's unique and clever and really well done. The thing that really stood out for me was how he referred to his owner's kids as kittens - had never thought of that and it was great!

Ending: as an animal lover was so glad to see the humans find the cat injured and hopefully help him. I liked the cat's inner monologue too and it's decision after seeing just a few houses around it, that staying home is better!

Writing: really good, no obvious errors in spelling or grammar. As I said, I loved the use of kittens to describe the human kids. The other thing was your descriptions, they were very effective and certainly set the scene for viewing the world from a cat's POV.

Overall: while I am guessing the story was done and isn't going anywhere else, I did think it was really effective at telling a story. Not only did you show the world from someone most people wouldn't normally consider, POV, but you also highlighted the different people in this world. That was the most effective thing you did with this narrative and it was very clever putting it all from an animal's POV.

From The Review Game - in depth
Nesasio chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Awwww, poor kitty. I was interested in this story 'cause I write a lot of stories from animal perspectives so I always like to snoop on how other people do it. I like this story arc you have for the cat. It's realistic for the cat's life goals/perspective: wander around, without a clear plan but coming back to the interesting things. I liked the glimpse into the other bits of the neighborhood that the cat doesn't particularly understand but the reader does. I think you have a good balance of the cat's view of the world (calling the kids kittens was cute) without making it too confusing for your human audience.

I'm really enjoying all these short stories. I keep meaning to go into one of your chaptered stories for these returns but I'm a short story writer at heart and it's nice to find a writer on FP who can write such complete stories in this format. I come away from each one struck by the pacing and forward direction of each one: it never seems like it's going to fast but I'm taken along each time. Effortlessly.
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I like this. Well written. Especially how the cat is forced out of every bleak situation, and the ending with the tiny wound and the mention of the little world. It's too big for a cat, isn't it.
xRayne wolfx chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Aw :3 this was too cute, I loved it. Keep up the good work n.n

Rayne wolf

*Review returned
StoryMonster chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Pretty interesting.

I felt you could have done the ending better but I loved the perspective.

Great going!

StoryMonster
the ticking clock chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Good job as usual! I loved how you did the cat's perspective and how he thinks and feels...
Yamaha chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
That was good. If that "wasn't your best" I would love to read what is.

Oh, and I have a cat, so maybe I'm biased :3