Reviews for The Guardian
a99515 chapter 8 . 10/20/2011
It's been a while but I'm back reading your wonderful story chapters 7 and 8. Take your time you are doing it right. You have a great story line don't rush it and miss it up.
Defensor chapter 3 . 5/26/2011
After I stumbled through my usual bout of mundane and unappealing stories that are the bulk of FictionPress's archives, I was lucky enough to have found this diamond in the rough. As a preface to my review, I cannot tell you how excited, intrigued, and otherwise wrapped up I am with your piece, "The Guardian." I've only had the time to, as of yet, read the first three chapters of your work, but already I am inspired. It originally caught my interest not only because of some prima facie similarities to my lifelong work - which also incorporates a main character who is "the Guardian," blessed with superhuman abilities with which he strives to accomplish acts which preserve and protect life - but also because of the underlying element of compassion which inherently runs through both. To be frank, your story tells me a fantastic tale of a young man whose extraordinary abilities are only matched by what I am beginning to see is equally admirable heart. I would take wagers on what that says of the author who forged and created him.

Among many other parts, the plot element that subtly informs me of Max's penchant for goodness and selflessness is shown by the simple chronology of his career as compared to his new found abilities: he dedicated himself to saving lives as a firefighter long before he knew of his inordinate powers. I have already thrown around the word "inspirational," but allow me to assure you that it is more than suiting. The world needs these unseen heroes and executors of warmhearted self-sacrifice - there is enough pain in the billions of lives of people of any time and place to warrant their constant and unrelenting attention. What Max does through his career, saving and helping handfuls of grateful and ungrateful alike, may seem small on the cosmic scale, but the service he is performing for others cannot be quantified in simple statistics of worth. I can only excitedly look forward to how his newly discovered abilities will present new challenges and opportunities to his life. You have my full attention, readership, and fandom.

I also see what could be the beginnings of a fledging romance that I can't wait for. I won't go off into rampant speculation, as I usually do when I look forward to something like this.

I would look forward to getting to know you and the inspiration for your work better in upcoming weeks. In any case, I've put this story on my alerts and you can expect your future additions to be the top of my to-be-read list.
a99515 chapter 6 . 5/18/2011
It took me a while to find your new chapters and read the fine story that you have written, do not change a thing! keep on doing what you are doing the chapters may be short but they work for your writting
a99515 chapter 4 . 3/21/2011
Works for me. The trouth is out now what will he do now? You are writeing like a fine tuned radio, sweet music comeing at you while reading.
Gentle chapter 3 . 3/15/2011
I love it, and you should just leave the chapters the way they are.
bk00 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
As short as it was, what a way to captivate me! I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this story!
a99515 chapter 3 . 3/15/2011
Well the chapter is short but sweet an full info that will make up the story. There is nothing that I could find that was wrong great writeing.
a99515 chapter 2 . 3/15/2011
Nice intro of the niece. keep it up you are doing good with this story.
a99515 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Short and shorter yes it is, but it has the one peace of info for the reader "I need you to raise my son." you set the story up with that way to go.