Reviews for Land of cherry blossoms
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
BRILLIENT AND LOVELY! I support this poem, and absolutly LOVE the message it brought. It is by far full of color, this poem. Outstanding job, keep it up :D
Iva Hartnet chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Persevere on:

You may have nothing—

no place, no job or people to care for,

but have we all not started out with just nothing?

Very moving lines. My favorite line being: 'Have we all not started out with just nothing?'.

Lovely.

Though I would like to point out that sometimes in your poems your tenses get a bit mixed up. It shifts a bit erratically from past to present to past again. It sort of disturbs the flow. But I enjoy your work :)
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Thanks for writing this. I did an exchange in Japan and have a lot of good friends there. It's comforting to know that they're in everyone's thoughts.

I love the sense of pride you have throughout this. It's very ingrained the Japanese culture and I thought you captured it well. Lines like "giving up has never sounded in their mind" and the second-to-last stanza really create the feeling of perseverance and strength.

[but have we all not started out with just nothing?] That was my favorite line. The wording was simple, but I liked how it really unified people anywhere and made this not just about Japan, but extended it to the feeling that it could have been anyone, anywhere.

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
ContemplativeJoyce chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Thought this was good, very respectful and sympathetic.
diverse enigma chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Your poem was so beautiful, it truly touched me. You should post this on a website for encouragement for them. I think what you wrote is the truth and it was amazing! Bless Japan.