Reviews for Land of cherry blossoms
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
BRILLIENT AND LOVELY! I support this poem, and absolutly LOVE the message it brought. It is by far full of color, this poem. Outstanding job, keep it up :D
Iva Hartnet chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Persevere on:

You may have nothing—

no place, no job or people to care for,

but have we all not started out with just nothing?

Very moving lines. My favorite line being: 'Have we all not started out with just nothing?'.

Lovely.

Though I would like to point out that sometimes in your poems your tenses get a bit mixed up. It shifts a bit erratically from past to present to past again. It sort of disturbs the flow. But I enjoy your work :)
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Thanks for writing this. I did an exchange in Japan and have a lot of good friends there. It's comforting to know that they're in everyone's thoughts.

I love the sense of pride you have throughout this. It's very ingrained the Japanese culture and I thought you captured it well. Lines like "giving up has never sounded in their mind" and the second-to-last stanza really create the feeling of perseverance and strength.

[but have we all not started out with just nothing?] That was my favorite line. The wording was simple, but I liked how it really unified people anywhere and made this not just about Japan, but extended it to the feeling that it could have been anyone, anywhere.

~Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
ContemplativeJoyce chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Thought this was good, very respectful and sympathetic.
diverse enigma chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Your poem was so beautiful, it truly touched me. You should post this on a website for encouragement for them. I think what you wrote is the truth and it was amazing! Bless Japan.