Reviews for Scandalous
ac chapter 29 . 12/1
I'm really glad you uploaded this. Please keep them coming, I love this story and the complexities of the characters' lives
Guest chapter 29 . 11/30
Loved this chapter! The way Caroline reacted was not totally unexpected (the hint you dropped us in the previous chapter was telling) but I somewhat had hoped that it would be Jude who runs after her, but now I realize that really couldn't have happened. Jude is not at all in touch with his feelings and translating them into actions, unlike Xander (kudos to you for creating the only mature teenage boy in all of literature).

I hope you update REALLY soon because I'm having withdrawal symptoms
eriheart19 chapter 29 . 11/29
Thanks for the update! CANT WAIT FOR MORE! And Cinder Creek!
J chapter 29 . 11/28
PLEASE UPDATE SOON IT TOOK U SO LONG BEFORE AND I LOVE THIS STORY!
3H chapter 29 . 11/28
YAY! I'm thilled you updated! I'm pleased with Xander's reaction, it's nice that he's emotionally self-aware. And Caroline's response was expected. Girlfriend is a fight or flight kind of girl, and boy she flew right out of that basement, out of that house and out of town. How was she supposed to face that? What could she even say? There were moments where I thought, oh shit Caroline's going to spill her deep dark secret, then alternatively I could have sworn Xander was going to reveal his hidden feelings for Alison. Caroline's a clever girl, I'm sure she has some idea about Xander's issue, but she's more worried about her problems. And Xander, the good boy that he is, has no idea what kind of feelings are harbored between these cousins. While I find Xander and Caroline's interaction sweet, and it manifest a whole new realm of possibilities, I still -for some weird reason- adore the idea of Jude and Caroline. Every. Single. Damn. Time. I read your story, I think, "Dear God don't let them be related." Ugh... Lovely chapter, but if I have a one complaint, and it's the same complaint I have for every single chapter; It wasn't long enough... CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!
SoulSam chapter 29 . 11/27
That was SO great! It was devastating seeing Caroline's reaction, even though we didn't get her POV, I could feel her shock and dismay and I wanted to punch Jude a little bit (and he should've run after her the doof!)
I'm absolutely loving the friendship between Caroline and Xander though, their scenes together make me smile :)
Now I'm really hoping for a big blowout scene between the cousins where all their truths come out! (And they make out already LOL!)

Also you have no idea how happy it made me to see an update for this, THANK YOU you're a genius and I can't wait for more :D
October103 chapter 10 . 10/26
Okay, I found this story after reading Cinder Creek and mostly I'm just blowing through chapters because I love it and I'm trying to keep up, but I've noticed in your author's notes your request for reviews. Normally when I'm catching up to a story, I don't review because I'm just reading so fast, but I figured I could review these as I go!
I really, really enjoy your stories! You write so well and I have to say that I am so impressed you're able to write such an entertaining and easy to follow story with so many characters and plot lines. I couldn't even imagine trying to attempt something like this, but I love this story.
I also have to say, I kind of like that things are happening in a way that isn't so cliche or predictable. Honestly, it's hard to be cliche with the types of things you have here. Caroline liking her cousin, Xander in love with his step sister, etc.
I'm a little emabrrassed to even say this on a public forum, haha, but I kind of want Caroline and Jude together? Only because it's so forbidden, haha. I'm hoping they're not really cousins or something, lol. The same with Xander and Allison!
It's also so interesting to see all their different perspectives and thoughts towards each other when you know they all feel so differently.
Anyways, the point of this was to say that I love this story and I will be reviewing every chapter I read until I catch up (which I'm sort of dreading, because I don't want it to end, haha)!
Fantastic job!
I3ThisStory chapter 1 . 10/12
Please update! I'm having withdrawals
J chapter 28 . 10/11
PLEASE UPDATE IM DYING
Guest chapter 28 . 10/4
Oh my god the cliffhanger! And I have a feeling I might know who is involved in this car chase...

Please update soon! It's been a month and I don't think we can wait any longer :)
eriheart19 chapter 28 . 9/10
New Reader here! I've got to say your story is hands down the most engaging highschool drama I've read so far. And I read quite a lot. I caught up to the latest chapter in just one sitting because that's how engrossing this story is. It's...something that I've been wanting to read in my life. The characters are flawed and realistic that made each one of them complex and interesting in their own ways. You are such a talented writer! Thanks so much for writing such a really really really good story that I could hardly get over with, in a long time for sure! Can't wait to know what will happen next! OH THE DRAMA!
3H chapter 28 . 9/8
Poor Belle. Initially I though all her boo-hoo-ing about being overlooked was something she made up in her own head, but this chapter clearly illustrated just how unnoticed she truly is. No wonder she's heading down a path of self-destructction. If no one else cares about her, why should she care about herself? Maybe Tyler can steer her in the right direction, but I'm not to sure about his character.
Now, talk about unexpected surprises... I mean I'm shocked. Caroline and Jude are alike in many ways aren't they? In an attempt to avoid their own complex emotions they throw themselves at someone. Caroline with Mr. Ingram. Now Jude with Alison, his cousin's best friend! They both made stupid hasty decisions, and there are consequences to deal with. While I'm surprised with him (or maybe not) I'm even more surprised at Alison. She's so damn timid, that I'm confused as to why she gave into Jude. She needed to be exposed to Jude's crass nature, but was this her way of dealing with her Xander issue? Or the other issue us readers don't know quite enough about yet? My head's reeling... I can't even predict how Caroline or Xander are going to react to. Xander might stick with the polite act, but Caroline's a fight or flight kind of person. Well, maybe not in a literal physiological sense but her reactions are usually extreme; fighting tooth and nail, adapting in her own distorted way, but after seeing THIS she just might take off.
Thanks a million for the quick update, can't wait to see what happens next!
the unknown anon chapter 28 . 9/5
i can't breathe.
SoulSam chapter 28 . 9/5
AAHHH! :D SO HAPPY ABOUT THE QUICK UPDATE! AND SO MUCH JUDE! OK I'LL TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK NOW, I KNOW HOW ANNOYING THIS IS! But seriously, thank you for this, made my day. And I absolutely love being in Jude's head, so that made this extra special :)
(Ugh Alison though)
Can't wait for Caroline's reaction, thanks for that cliffhanger :P
Cosmic Horror chapter 28 . 9/4
"He had a gorgeous blonde in his arms and all he could think about was his fucking bitch of a cousin. (Or fucking his bitch of a cousin, whatever.)"

10/10, would read again. From what I'm seeing on the internet lately, fucking your cousin and/or sibling is a surprisingly common problem this/last month. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but the more you know.
277 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »