Reviews for America's National Religion
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
If church and state were to be merged, taxes *would* be this country's god. And anyone who refused to worship would be burned at the stake. I'm convinced of that. :)

Haha, I loved the "tea party" bit. Nice!
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Oh, geez, the tea party comment at the end was the best part, by far. Ah, this is so true. So terribly true. Taxes. What a pain in the behind. Keep writing! :)
SirScott chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Remember the difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets.

Good essay I loved the humor in it.

SirScott
sophiesix chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
"robed priesthood called judges" heh heh i read this as 'robber priesthood' at first ;) Very amusing slant on it. you could've made it more balanced, but that wouldn't have been half as fun :)
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
lol lol lol This is very true and very funny. You should write a newspaper colomn. It reminds me of a modern day Gulliver's Travels-except not nearly as long. That too is a parody of the rich/poor. lol very good! :)
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
You sound bitter.. and I'm afraid it doesn't make complete sense to me. But the UK has some pretty awesome systems like you pay taxes all your life, and when you die your children pay an inheritance tax; let's tax the parents as much as we want and make the kiddies pay a shedload of tuition fees; in fact let's cut all the public service fundings so that we have better, larger prisons. Sweden recovered itself from the crisis by lowering taxation, but pfft, who wants to be Sweden?
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Very true, and very funny! Good job, Punslinger.
nickyO chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
I guess if I were to write an essay in response it would center around the old children's tale "stone soup". Taxes are just our collective way to pay for our collective needs (roads, schools, military, etc). The problems we have today are based on implementation and the fact that the middle class is getting squeezed. But that's just my opinion. And your essay is quite clever.
DustyTheCowboy chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
I think our ancestors were generally against taxation without representation. We are represented, in case you didn't know. 0_o We vote for the people who we think will best represent us to decide what the tax budget will go to. (Admittedly, too much of it goes to them.)