Reviews for Apple Peel
SmashedIce.X chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
This was beautiful to read, great work! :)
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Intoxicating. One of the best apple poems I've read. A fresh, ripe take on the ancient theme. You take something ordinary, something everyday, some vulgar and tiresome fragment of gray reality and filter it through a verbal sieve to extract an essence of some supreme and taboo trippiness.
limpwrist chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
This is beautiful, kind of pulls you through it
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Review Marathon this weekend! (link in my profile)

The second stanza seemed out of place in the piece for me. The rest of the word choices and descriptions in the piece were very powerful and gave it a certain tone which those three lines just didn't seem to fit. Also, I couldn't get if it was a command or a description and if so, what or who is it describing?

I did really like the whole peel thing. It was a really powerful image and you described it wonderfully. The description of the nighttime worked really too.

The ending wasn't my favorite though because the idea of teeth treading on the staircase just seemed really odd to me.

Anyway great piece!
YasuRan chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Interesting. What comes to my mind is the 'mangal' or newlywed night in an Indian wedding ceremony, what with the peel reminding me of a sari cloth.

Love the mentions of the drum and the 'legions of insects' humming. So atmospheric.