Reviews for Luck
tell it to the sky chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
i just found these boys after reading 'pretties shades of grey' and i love them all.
looking forward to seeing more form them!
Peacock Slayer chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
wow wonder if this is the last of the series hope not i really like it
C3PO chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
really in love with Gavin's parents. wish ALL rents were like that. good story though ! really enjoyed reading it and i hope at some point Cole would just stop caring about his family; you'd think it'd be easy considering why a bunch of douchebags they are ..
Catkac chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
You are wonderful. Marry me?

OK, before you get weirded out by my blatant proposal, hear me out?

I have just finished reading all five of your one shots in the 'Holiday Series' and grinned myself to aching facial muscles; in fact, I still have a goofy smile on right now. The pair is absolutely adorable, their reactions are cute, I feel fluffy all over and I don't even miss a whole-out NC-17 rated sex scene - which means you write good enough for me to be satisfied without bed action, which I'm addicted to (reading about).

I like your writing style quite a bit, so you'll probably hear (read) from me again when I smother you with (virtual) kisses for writing something.

I like the karma reference, how they're both atheists, how Gavin's parents are supportive of them, how they awkwardly started going out, how cuddly they sound, their personalities...

I don't like Gavin's ex (Barrett. No, Garrett? I don't make it a point to remember bastards like him, he sucks. Monogamy FTW!), Cole's family (what a shitty uncle & dad & cousin).

Cole is my favourite, I would love to read more about him and his boyfriend (what I want is a whole 200k-word story, damnit! You've got me hooked.), they tickle my stomach silly. I think it's great how these are all one shots, since I wouldn't have read them if they were compiled in one story. I like it how they do not relate directly to one another, which leaves it open for you to write a new 'chapter' if you ever so desired - I hate it when I don't get to read multi-chaptered fics because they are in progress; having to wait anxiously, hoping the author doesn't go all 'on hiatus' with the story ('I'm worse than the devil. I'm the author.' kinda thingy) when they lose interest or something.

Sorry for the rant. I can't wait to read your other fics. Best wishes!
Oshini chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Aw, I love this series! Cole and Gavin are just so cute together. I feel so sad about Cole's family, though, and how messed up he is about it. I'm glad Gavin's family is so nice, though.
Fumiki chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Awww.. you should definitely write more of this/Give Cole's family some blow in the face lol

Overall, I LOVE THIS!
Deewhan chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Love these two and what a treat this is, to hear about them again. Meeting the parents how cute, and I just love the role that they play in each other's lives. It is so true that the nerves are an evidence of how much Cole cares, as the ILY is the evidence of Gavin's, just different modes of expression.
Pinkywink chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Oh yay, I just love the way these men are progressing in their relationship. They really compliment each other, one high energy with a tough exterior, and the other very serene and supportive. I'm in love with Gavin's parents, because I love down to earth people. Poor Cole and his panic attack. I'm just happy that he'll have parent figures that will treat him with respect and love. I loved this oneshot so much. Thank you for not letting Cole and Gavin disappear.
Riayl chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
I'd somehow managed to miss reading this series of oneshots, so I gorged on them today. :) I really like these characters. Of course, I think I've said that about all your characters so... lol

but, anyway, reading it you just really want to see Cole find a place to belong and a family that loves him and Gavin is giving that to him. Lovely. :)
Averick chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Awesome! Is Gavin gonna meet Cole's family? O.o I hope, if he does, it will only bring them closer together! Nice job!
Kanilla chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Thank you; this was a beautiful read. I've always had a soft spot for fidgety, anxious and grumpy characters, so Cole pushed the right buttons in me. Your portrayal of their relationship just made me so happy. It's so entirely realistic. I suppose I can also identify with Gavin and the acceptance he receives from his parents :

-K.
Ayakaishi Fei chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I have nothing but love for this. Cole and Gavin are always lovely to read about, because they're so... real. Cole's awkwardness, the relationship that's not perfect, but the sweet moments. I just love this series so much. Also, Gavin's family love.

It's interesting to see different family reactions to 'coming out' - interestingly enough my parents handled pre-marital pregnancy better than homosexuality.
chair-chan chapter 1 . 3/17/2011