Reviews for Get Used To It
CaliKat87 chapter 8 . 6/1/2015
This is excellent. You are a fantastic writer!
Ladyodd chapter 8 . 2/18/2013
I like your descriptions, they are funny and give good visuals, like but not enough to make it look like his abs went out and ate all other abs they could find.

Guest chapter 8 . 2/8/2013
great story :) want wait for more.
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 8 . 1/31/2013
Hahaha I loved it :D
twilightwinter chapter 8 . 1/29/2013
Love it! Please let her wake up having snicker to him and making out etc! We need action!
Alaeryel chapter 7 . 1/5/2013
OH NO NO NO-THIS COULDN'T END HERE! Ruban can be quite ANNOYING but I have to say I LOVE HIS AND SAM'S BANTERING-it is VERY AMUSING! I WANT no NEED to know what is with this Damian-he is a werewolf she is vampire-yet he didn't smell or sense she was one? I loved Raymond's little chuckle at the expense of his 'friend' and his shock at finding her a vamp was PRICELESS-Raven I am soooooo watching for more of this story too! I promise I will try to be more regular with my reading!
Lady Lucia chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Hey! I was able to sneak in a chapter tonight!

First of all…I loved Mike! Haha. His train of thought is very funny and presented quite smoothly. I got a kick out of his spontaneous thoughts that make you face palm!

This chapter was a pleasant read. Not much to say right now since it’s the first chapter, but here are some things I found…

“In fact, he might actually be one of the scrawniest males ever (at least that's what people at school told him)” By saying “might” it’s implying he is or he isn’t, and I’m guessing you want to say he is. How about “In fact, he is one of the scrawniest (at least according to what people at school say).” Or something like that.

“That fact made him nervous every time he stepped into darkness. Add the fact that he currently felt like he was being followed, and he was almost shaking.” Okay. This comma totally tripped me out. By adding it, you’re abiding the rule of “and” being a coordinating conjunction that connects two separate sentences together. So…I ended up reading this like he felt he was being followed and he was literally shaking at that moment. I don’t know if that’s what you meant or if you meant to say he was practically, but not literally, shaking in reaction to his nervous emotions. I don’t know if any of that made sense… -.- Crazy how little smudges of black can convey different meanings…

Okay. I think you may need a more solid setting. As I read this, I was under the impression that Mike was walking in a darkened neighborhood from a small, grocery/convenience store nearby his house, yet the beginning of the chapter states Mike is walking through a city. A city is generally bright…at least compared to the setting I took from your chapter. I remember Mike thinking he wanted to get away from “this place.” What is “this place” specifically? Also, the mention of an abandoned road comes up. That was kinda random. When did he take it? When did the setting change from the city to that? Might need to polish up the setting a little bit. It’s not badly presented. It’s just not a solid presentation.

Also, I noticed you’re into describing hair on people...and just hair. Haha. That’s all I know about how your characters look. While you don’t have to provide a detailed and full description of people upon their initial appearances, it would be nice if you gave more details than just their hair color. I thought it was a little weird that Mike and those two male vampires’ hair color were the only details about them described. I also know nothing of the woman, but I’m assuming that will come soon. I was curious about her, so I was bummed when I got nothing about her. :(

“So instead he just did what he had done prior to cheering: stand on sidelines and watch.” My memory on the rules with colons is fuzzy, but how I understand it is the phrase before the punctuation mark has to be a complete sentence and phrase after has to relate to the last word of the sentence. Well…don’t pay too much attention to grammar mistakes right now. They’re always changing when you revise anyways.

You have a very likeable character, Mike. Or at least I like him. I also like your details seen between dialogue like Mike trying to hand the milk to his muggers. About the milk…I think you mentioned it was a plastic gallon one time and a carton the other? Meh. Point is I enjoyed the ‘action details’ inserted along with the dialogue.

Like I said, I enjoyed reading this. It was mostly a smooth read. I love vampires, so that’s why I chose this story. I hope your take on the vampire lore is an exciting one! :)
TheClosetWriter16 chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
Wow amazing story :D
I loved it!
Please update soon!
heal me forever chapter 6 . 9/29/2012
i ma kind of girl how is like u know *ONE MAN* nd all happliy ever after..so ya so wen she said abut d 3 years back thing i was like ruban nd sam r MEANT TO BE... so i partly read mike nd sam thing ha ! sorry coz i cant hate mike nd danika u know so ya waiting for d REAL stry to start :)
update soon :)
ooglemac chapter 3 . 9/27/2012
mike is too annoying :( i love sam though ! :D
Alaeryel chapter 6 . 9/16/2012
LOVE LOVE LOVED this chapter too! Well-I am ready to cry as I have reached the end of the chapters posted and was left with wanting more -DESPERATELY! It will be interesting to see what happens between Sam and her 'lover' and also between Danika and Mike! You definitely threw a twist into this plot and have BROUGHT OUT THE INTRIGUE! I have fallen IRREVOCABLY in LOVE with your story and your writing-EXCELLENT BEYONE COMPARE!
Alaeryel chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
OMG OMG OMG-*GRIN* What can I say except -LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED IT! I was wondering who Mike would actually end up with and am GLAD for him and Danika. I just couldn't see Sam in an actual relationship with Mike. Though I am not sure about her and Ruban either yet! This is getting really really good! AGAIN another GREAT JOB WRITING!
Alaeryel chapter 4 . 9/16/2012
SHORT AND SWEET HERE Raven-BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING-PERFECTION IN ITS PUREST FORM!
Alaeryel chapter 3 . 9/16/2012
Again Raven-this is another GREAT chapter-I love the way Sam has mixed feelings for this kid and tho he can be somewhat annoying and a bit pushy-he is too adorable in his own right! I sense something a bit humorous and possibly dark happening while trying to pull this charade off but I can and often am wrong-just a feeling I can see happening tho. I was wondering what had happened to Ruban so am glad to hear he will be making an appearance again and look forward to it. Well now on to the next chapter-EXCELLENT WRITING!
Alaeryel chapter 2 . 9/16/2012
I absolutley loved this chapter-Sam's story was quite interesting and I am definitely looking for more! You are doing a great job at writing this and keeping my attention, you have a WONDERFUL story going!
37 | Page 1 .. Last Next »