Reviews for Get Used To It
Alaeryel chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Ok again you have captured my attention and my curiosity! Another GREAT job at writing and looking for more so now on to the next chapter!
bookppl93 chapter 6 . 8/12/2012
Cute
Riley Pickett chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Finally getting a chance to respond to your review request - yay!
Interesting premise - there's not many stories where the vampire is a heroine and the lead male is merely human. Nine times out of ten, that scenario is reversed, so I applaud you for trying something different! :)

With that being said, I don't think the writing makes the story stand out as much as it should. With such a different premise, you want to set yourself apart from many of the writers on FictionPress. Unfortunately, I don't think your prose necessarily reflected that. It read like most other teen romances - short, snappy sentences; common words; sentence fragments... I think what irked me the most was the use of parentheticals. I try to avoid those as much as possible, but to each their own, I guess.

Don't let the criticism discourage you - some of my earlier writing sounded the same as every other story out there! Take this as encouragement, I think you could definitely make a great piece out of this. It just needs a little extra revision and love. :) Keep writing, and thanks for the read!
julianmarq chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
So I read the first chapter and part of the second one. You are a very good writer and I like how you structured they story, sadly I can't review it further because I just don't like stories about vampires, I find them mostly boring.
Whatsoever chapter 5 . 5/25/2012
So you asked for a review, and here it is. I quite like the idea of your story. I mean, a girl vampire is not something you come across often and I'm glad that you paved your own path. Hope to hear more from you! _
insomniac895 chapter 5 . 5/25/2012
hm..so they hooked up! i was getting worried here that she might hook up with mike !
NinjaDanceParty chapter 5 . 5/24/2012
hey! (: umm.. actually i don't normally read supernatural stories. not rly my kinda thing, but i thought, why not. but i'm just saying this first so if i don't sound overly excited or anyth you'll know why.

i think you write really well, like for the most part, the story flows quite 's a couple of parts that seem like they dont fit, or would have been better expanded, i guess. like "Their trip to the park was fun for both parties involved. Most of it was spent talking on a hill, but they did do other activities." but then again, these kinda things you only catch after re-reading your story a million times, and even then you might not see it. personally, i'd rather read a long story and enjoy it rather than have something mentioned in passing to get to a plot point.

i... kinda felt that the way the characters talk are too similar or a little unnatural. For one thing, i feel like mike talks like a small kid. he reacts way too excitedly to everything. the way sam and ruban talk, the phrasing and style are quite similar. well, they are supposedly meant for each other,so i guess that would make some sense. but the thing is, when you read the whole story, its like the same person acting out different parts of the story, kinda like a monologue. not a boring monologue, cos it is interesting, but... i dunno how to say it. :/

still, it is an interesting story. although i have to say that sam and mike moved way too suddenly, even if their relationship wasnt important. keep writing though! (:
bookppl93 chapter 5 . 5/19/2012
Oh crapols. Sticky sticky sticky. Update quick ; D
bookppl93 chapter 4 . 5/5/2012
Aw mike is so adorable!
Michodell chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
I thought this was a pretty interesting beginning to a book. I like that the male protagonist isn't the typical tall, dark, and buff sort of character.

There was one thing that stood out to me that I felt was a bit awkward. [Get away from whatever was behind him.] Since he heard laughter behind him, shouldn't he at least know *what* is behind him even if he didn't know who?

I know that they are vampires so they're not humans, but he doesn't know that so shouldn't he assume that there's just people behind him?

Anyway, interesting chapter and it really got my attention.
dream-beautiful chapter 4 . 2/7/2012
I am so confused lol. Update soon, i'm still not sure if i'd like to keep reading or not.
The Deadly Fang chapter 3 . 12/11/2011
Interesting plot! Usually it's the guy is the vampire first and then he rushes in to save the girl, but I like the twist on it. Originality is always your friend! You character descriptions, as in physical are excellent and the people seem to have a pretty set personality. On another note it does seem a little rushed, but nothing incredibly bad. Just more dialogue and confusion about what's going on with them would help that out a great deal. I like it over all, great story :)
angellover254 chapter 3 . 9/29/2011
Aw...Mike seems really cute, lol...anyways can't wait for the next chapter! Update soon :]
Steph chapter 2 . 6/16/2011
I like it so far update soon please
TheJediPenguin chapter 2 . 6/15/2011
Overall, this is a rather good story. However, I do have some thoughts/suggestions.

I am not sure it is wise to use the hook you did and then focus on a different couple. I was intrigued by the ownership aspect, and was slightly disappointed to find the story not focus on it. My suggestion would be to either A. use a different hook, or B. change the story to focus more on Sam and Ruban.

My second thought is that this seems very rushed. I feel everything could happen more smoothly, and build the mystery/intrigue. For example, creating an eerie and dark sort of mood in the first chapter, and holding off on revealing the vampires as real vampires for as long as possible. The audience may know, or suspect, but don't tell Mike! If you do want to focus on Mike and Sam, I think her whole back story would be more effective if given slowly and hinted at, instead of info-dumped. I really liked all the potential between her and Ruban, the feeling of subject and prey.

Sorry for the length, and if I offend you. No harm is meant, I only wish to help
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »