Reviews for Monster Beat
D.sweet's chapter 5 . 10/21/2012
Good chpt, i liked the reunion and the scene when they went 2 the old district was cool. The last scene with them made me want to know what would happen 2 Yuna...

The scene with the couple was wel told, the scene made the relationship seem genuine
The end of the chpt made one want to kno what secrets she is harboring. The different parts with friends old and new made the chpt flow well and is a good set up for the next..
TheBloodEdge chapter 4 . 3/3/2012
"NOOOO!"

A little cheesy there bro. But the action is kick ass on this one!

Question: If that politician went on a killing spree, what do the people related to the victims make of the deceased if they don't remember him killing them?
TheBloodEdge chapter 3 . 3/3/2012
That last line. Best. Line. Ever.

So our dear Ayane's naivety makes her want to save everyone after they're impossible to save. Hope Naya gets better somehow. SOMEHOW!
TheBloodEdge chapter 2 . 12/18/2011
Heheh. I loooove how evil Legion is. They say a good story needs a good villain. He's overqualified.

And Naya came straight out of Higurashi, huh? I sympathize for her.
TheBloodEdge chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Green haired girl who likes pizza? You're talking about Code Geass aren't you?

Holy crap, a scythe! Now all he needs is to shout, "INFERNO DIVIDER!"
Louis-sama chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Actually, I've been reading this sometimes ago, but I've no chance to review it, so please bear it with me.

First of all, all I can say this is a story with an interesting concept. I am interested with this particular character, Yuna (who seems to be a mentor figure). I can see some of her quirkiness that makes her appealing and the moment I read about her, she becomes my instant favorite. You see, a female mentor figure (and a sexy one, that is) is very rare to find, and I am grateful to see one in this story.

Somehow, I can't bring myself to like your main character, Shin. Please don't take it wrong, but his characteristic seems to be pretty stereotypical one, that is. A brooding, anti-social hero is something that I commonly find around this site, and it is one of the factors why I avoid reading most of them. Anyway, I'll give it a chance for this story despite this particular character since this story has an interesting concept and one particular interesting character (Yuna, I mean).

Next time, I'll bring myself to review the next chapter. Maybe it takes time, but I'll try my best to give my opinion about this story. While you're at it, why don't you give me your opinions about the latest chapters of Legend of Nura? I'll be glad if you do that.
Kisho chapter 4 . 7/26/2011
Very nice, very nice. :3 I really like the setting you're establishing here... simple but engaging. It's well-done. _ This whole thing with Legion still seems really cool, I can't wait to see more behind it. :3

If I had to say, though, your tone is lacking impact... the scenes sort of blur together, the different emotions not really standing out very well. More careful word choice, sentence structure, to suit the feelings of the topic at hand, could probably go a long way. _

Well, I'll try to keep up with each chapter as they come out now. _' Keep giving it your all! x3
Kisho chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
Wow, Violent, this is cool! _ I really like how your setting looks so far, it's not overly complex like most settings are... Your characters are pretty cool too. :3 I also really like the plot here, with that Legion character... very nice. x3

All that being said, just like your other story, the opening is... I still can't really put my finger on it, but it just doesn't really feel professional. Kind of... abrupt, almost, maybe? I don't even know, I feel ridiculous right now xD

Anyway, this is really cool like this, I like this one a lot. Keep it up with this, I'll keep reading it! _
diverse enigma chapter 2 . 3/23/2011
This is really interesting and I really enjoyed reading it. You have some great ideas. Please update soon!