Reviews for Not a Day in My Life
MaddersAhatter chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Just proves the old adage - if something seems too good to be true, it usually is. There's always a catch, and this was a big one! Guess the MC will be looking for some of that sympathy he was loathe to offer once he finally gets sick.

Reminded me a bit of the Bruce Willis film 'Unbreakable' but I know for a fact the author hasn't seen it and so wasn't influenced by it.

Loved the 'granola state' line!

I love the way this writer thinks outside the box.
AlysonSkye chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
I really enjoyed reading this, and "Just my Luck" is what I'll be reading right after I write this review. It's very interesting and you get your points across quite well. The things I would recommend is to make the main character more likable, he's just too much of a negative American stereotype. Also, I'm not entirely sure of the relationships: I assumed that Joe was a coworker and that Sonja was his girlfriend, and they're her sons? Also, I found the order of events and when you were switching from narrative to expository difficult to follow. Anyway, the suspense has got me hooked and I can't wait for the next chapter! Hope this helps!