Reviews for There's always a first time for everything
Mirthless Laughter chapter 47 . 12/6/2011
Really? No middle names? Huh.

I like how you made up a word for Question 3. Excellent choice.

I know what you mean about the selection of just top three places. Gah! I'm mentally trying to figure this out now... I wonder if I'll, in fact, end up doing this, too. (I steal all of your lovely questionnaires. *sigh*)

Younger siblings that threaten your sanity- or nieces and nephews. Well, mostly nieces. I haven't had my sanity threatened by a nephew in about three years. (Except, my oldest in-state nephew is becoming a teenager. It's so weird.)

XD to your answer for thirteen. I love you.

*looks around basement* Yaaaaas. That's not nice. I could use some company down here.

I want some Pringles...

DUDE! YOU GOT THE BRIDE COLLECTOR? *joy*
Mirthless Laughter chapter 45 . 10/30/2011
"Sometimes I think you talk just to make noise."

"Sometimes I do."

That. Was. Epic.

I... *contented sigh*. Gosh, I love Seth.

That having been said, I don't think I'd like that scent. Like... at all.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 44 . 10/30/2011
My family knows next to nothing about my writing. I think just posting it here already counts for something. (I do post my word count as my status or at the end of my status sometimes. Just for the fun of it, and because it tends to confuse people in its standard "number of written words/50,000" style. I never explain, and there's always someone who says, "... what?" It's fun.)

That having been said, I have full confidence that you can hit the 50,000 mark. Don't start setting lower goals for yourself! (I need to set higher goals for myself. Like, "Actually finish the book, or it doesn't count." But I'd fail hopelessly at that.)
Mirthless Laughter chapter 43 . 10/30/2011
/ I'm sorry you were so sick, Yas. It sounds terrible.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 39 . 10/10/2011
I know what you mean about not wanting to talk to parents for fear of disappointing them. / I'm sorry things have been so stressful lately. Prayers are definitely being sent your way. *hug*
Mirthless Laughter chapter 41 . 9/29/2011
Oh, Yas. *hugs* I'm so sorry.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 40 . 9/29/2011
Your family names the car? Aww. )

And also, that's really sweet news about your teacher. I'm sure you'll do her proud, too.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 38 . 9/29/2011

I hope things work out.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 37 . 9/29/2011
Your brother sounds cool. Kind of like my brother. We definitely banter like that, although I don't know if he'd come up with Marilyn Monroe. That's pretty amusing. :)
Mirthless Laughter chapter 35 . 9/15/2011
I like your list. :)
Mirthless Laughter chapter 34 . 9/15/2011
I'm glad you can talk yourself out of being too depressed. You're a wonderful person, Yas, and those new people will love you. :)
Mirthless Laughter chapter 33 . 9/15/2011
Wait.

Does this mean you've finished?

Either way, welcome to the "Making Obscure References to Ted Dekker In Our Pillowbooks" Club. P Less than three'd.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 31 . 9/14/2011

Well... hopefully it gets better.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 30 . 9/12/2011
3 - Comparing one's self to Ted Dekker inevitably ends in depression. Don't do it. (You see now why I always say the man is my hero, yes?)

4 - Just a random fact: my father once told me that no girl can go into the bathroom and not check their reflection in the mirrors in front of the sinks. Therefore, I frequently purposely avoid looking at my self, just to prove him wrong. (But I never disagreed with him, so... P)

8 - I think there's always, always a chance if you're willing to give it a real try. (I tell myself this because sometimes, I doubt it'll ever happen for me, either. I do dream of having something published, but you have to finish stuff before you can do that, you know?)

11 - Ladies Club? Do share.

20 - Oooh. That's a good question. Trivia! (Because I'm totally obsessed with the man, and just happen to know all of his children's names.) He actually did name his characters in the Circle after his kids. Thomas, I believe, is his son's middle name, and then his daughters, Chelise and Rachelle, both had characters, too. The creepy thing was, Chelise and Rachelle were both Thomas's wives (at different times). So, if he did in fact name them after his children... well, that's a little strange. (I have a love/hate relationship with his story about the conception of the BoneMan's Daughter. Because, on one hand, it's incredibly sad; but then, it's also so, so sweet.)

Okay, I'm done ranting now. P
Mirthless Laughter chapter 29 . 9/12/2011
I'm sorry. / "Real" school (because I'm homeschooled) has never sounded fun to me, whatsoever. Greg has often confirmed this. "You don't know what real school is like," He says. To which I reply, "Thank God."

But I hope things get better.
34 | Page 1 .. Last Next »