Reviews for There's always a first time for everything
Mirthless Laughter chapter 28 . 9/12/2011
I didn't read nearly as many books as I should have this summer, either. I can't remember how many I've actually managed to complete, but definitely not as many as I should have. Nor have I written much. Hm.

That having been said, Ted Dekker does tend to make one fly through pages. Haha. The Priest's Graveyard, that came- I think before summer, actually- and I was done with that book in only a few days.

Which makes me want to say again, I'm very glad you're enjoying him. :)
Mirthless Laughter chapter 27 . 9/9/2011
I would *hate* that!

Everyone in my house is constantly on diets or doing exercise to get skinnier, but it's not the same. They (and I) probably have genuine reasons to be concerned about losing weight. That- that would agitating. (Dawn says that we, as a family, simply like Mountain Dew too much to be skinny.)

Well, I think you've got your priorities in order, Yas.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 26 . 9/7/2011
I'm not gonna lie, I'm super-jealous of your ability to use chopsticks.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 25 . 8/30/2011
Wow! That is so amazing! D I'm so happy for you, Yas... you have awesome parents.

(And I'm totally jealous of how many Tic-Tacs you have.)

Also, hurray about Thr3e! You know, in my non-prejudiced opinion about the author. P
Mirthless Laughter chapter 24 . 8/18/2011
I'm sorry about last night. / But he got you the jersey! Maybe you'll be able to enjoy it after the night is behind me.

I really enjoy the fact that you addressed your brother as "son" in your last text message. Haha. )

Your response to the popcorn one also made me smile. "I like popcorn." I- I like popcorn, too. Get me some while you're up?

And yay for me making one of your favorite online friends! D You make my list, too, you know. )
Mirthless Laughter chapter 22 . 8/12/2011
Awww! D Congratulations, Yas! ) I've been praying for you, and I'm glad everything went well. (And I like the title of this chapter. P)
Mirthless Laughter chapter 19 . 7/30/2011
I don't think I would be able to face them, either, if someone had had my phone for any length of time. Like you, there's nothing I'm particularly trying to hide on said phone (who am I kidding? I have no life, and my conversations with my friends mostly consist of: "Hey... I love you." and "I have to pee." 3), but I just wouldn't want someone looking through my stuff.

But I am glad you got it back. :) And that your neighbors did the right thing.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 18 . 7/20/2011
Awwww! :) Thank you so much. I love you. 3

And yes, I'm absolutely awful at returning e-mails. This Brandi has also experienced many a time.

Wow! We've been together a long time. I shoulda come back on our two-year anniversary; that would have been much more awesome.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 15 . 7/19/2011
I diligently scan all the shelves at Goodwill and Salvation Army for books about writing, but they're generally more about writing essays and reports and stuff than writing stories. Which is what I do. I have one that's supposed to help with description, where you write about the picture. I never really committed to it, though. It's kind of difficult, because they try to give you starts, and that's never- I just don't do that well.

Oh! But I got a book on the "Languages of Horses" because I figured it would help me when I'm writing fantasy and they're atop horses and I'm totally spouting about stuff I don't know. You know. Helpful stuff. ;)
Mirthless Laughter chapter 14 . 7/19/2011
Visiting family is always a pain in the butt around here. I locked my door last time my brother came over- although that was admittedly more about his kids getting into stuff than him. I hardly even know him.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 12 . 7/19/2011
Your Dad sounds nice. :)

And I actually had some hot chocolate not so long ago! In my Star Wars mugs. It was a good day, but the marshmallows were flipping huge. That was... odd...
Mirthless Laughter chapter 11 . 7/19/2011
Yeahhhh... me, too. xD
Mirthless Laughter chapter 10 . 7/19/2011
Sorry about that, love. Haha. I know, I'm horrible. I disappear for no apparent reason (unlike you, because you actually had a reason).

I would probably die if my father wouldn't let me go on the internet. I mean, seriously. What else is there to do all day for someone like me, who has no life?

Hope the test went well!
Mirthless Laughter chapter 9 . 7/19/2011
Hi, love! (Yeah, I know. Me. Making a reappearance. *le gasp*)

Anyway, I love it when you do these things. :) They amuse me so.
Mirthless Laughter chapter 5 . 3/30/2011
Yeah, but I like this title better.

P