Reviews for Between The Earth and Sun and a Loaded Gun
Mischief Not Yet Managed chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
This first song was the best
Runic Birdsong chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Wow, I love this. It has a lot of meaning to it, and the words flow freely and gracefully. Love it!
Gravind divine chapter 9 . 2/14/2012
Not bothered signing in... I love your song fic's you know that? An this is no exception so this is something I love X]
Gravind Divine chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
love this dude! awesome job! i ran out of compliments (

nooo

anyways awesome job!
theycallmetalljake chapter 8 . 1/21/2012
everything you've written here appears to be very well thought out and eloquent, beautiful, too
MyNameIsDave chapter 2 . 1/17/2012
Oh, I'm basking. lol.

When I read the first line, I felt something like Tony C. esque-rhythm, but then I read the rest, and it didn't feel like that at all. I tried really hard to sing it fast. Really hard. It didn't work out so well.

I loved the song. I do so love your vivid storytelling in this song. Amazing.
Felicia Huey chapter 8 . 1/17/2012
These are really good songs that you've written :). Lets just say it's hard to find good songs even ones that famous people write and yours have made the cut :)
TurtleTurtle121596 chapter 3 . 1/17/2012
Ok. It is fair to say that I may have a slight obsession with you and your songs. Do you post chords/sheet music/demos anywhere? Because I eeally, REALLY, like these... insert stalking here
MyNameIsDave chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
This is some wonderful work. Probably the best song I've read on this site; way better than anything I've ever put on here. I don't review much anymore, cause I just don't read anything powerful, meaningful, flowing, rhythmic, or just plain good. Being able to read this song and understand the rhythm and rhyme established in this song, made my night.

A lot of different reviewers commented about how they can imagine their favorite band playing this song: that definitely signifies your work here as being close to perfection (pleasing many eyes and brains). Hidden gold. You have music for these songs, yes? I must hear it. Must must must. When I adore songs like this I need to hear it, so I'll attempt my own tune for it, (I won't ever steal anyone's work, I just want to hear a melody, lol) for the sake of being able to listen to it.

I'll continue reading and reviewing. Maybe tomorrow when it's not 2 a.m.

Don't ever stop writing. You are way too good to stop...
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 6 . 1/5/2012
Not sure if I commented on this before but, yeah, another one of yours that I really like. I love the message behind it, the twist with the last bit, and subtle way you show the imagery while making it seem like a conversation between two people. Good stuff.
LivesTooShort52 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Cool! Please check out some of my songs and work?
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 4 . 12/22/2011
Beautiful lyrics - I love the imagery here, and the way it's written feels quite calming. Especially like the ending - it's got this sort of uplifting feel to it but still feels like it's trying to say something more. Good stuff.
Stewart MacDonald chapter 9 . 12/16/2011
Niiice. I particularly loved this one, as the whole puppet reference is one that can be applied to so many people these days, and one I use quite often in reference to certain black President's of the United States. .. No one'll be able to tell who I'm talking about there. It seems to me to be about someone trying to be different but ending up being the same as a lot of people anyway? There's millions like that. Thinking they're breaking free of the strings by speaking out about issues they really don't know anything about. Take the Occupation protests going on. Now, I'm all down for protesting shit thats not fair, but the shit in the world right now is a hefty bit more than 'not fair'. They're not going after the real issues. They're protesting the fact that only a handful of people are rich and the rest are not, whereas they should be protesting WHY and HOW that handful of people are so rich. Because those particular details are even more disturbing than the inequality of it all. (I dunno if you're familiar with the Disaster Capitalism complex, but if you aren't, you should check out Naomi Klein's 'The Shock Doctrine')

Anyway, in my opinion, what better way to deal with stress than to use it? Thats what I do. I took the outrage and pain of some particularly evil shit that's been done to me and children everywhere and I turned it into some cutting criticisms of the system that allowed it to happen. Not neccesarily as awesomely discreet and intricate as Dylan or folk stuff, but that's not how I write. Sometime's blunt and blatant is just as effective. I'm Scottish, so that's probably part of it. The good ol' Highland Charge in lyrical form. God knows I'm armed for it. Bass guitar and pencil as my claymore and dirk, and my voice screaming a battle cry.

Anywho, another awesome song. Seemed all good on the technical side, but I'm kinda tired right now so I might've missed stuff. Keep it up, you still rock.

-Stewart
Le Fabricant chapter 5 . 12/8/2011
Wow those pretty girls will get ya every time lol. This was really nice this is a western song that I can sit and listen to and giggle throught the whole thing. Kinda like Carrie Underwood's song "Last Name."
Le Fabricant chapter 3 . 12/6/2011
This song was very down to earth. It makes me really think about my life and how I'm living it.
35 | Page 1 .. Last Next »