Reviews for One on One with Death
jim chapter 2 . 4/1
I like the story, but I can't help reading death in Norm McDonalds voice. Too much family guy.
CyanideMangoOfMassDestruction chapter 4 . 6/6/2011
Hmm...maybe not the best ending...but this story is still amazing! I LOVE the 'white guy happy dance.'
CyanideMangoOfMassDestruction chapter 3 . 6/6/2011
Haha, Candy Land...I hate that game! But I love the part about mastering the children's chess level. That was funny.

Again, I love all the little details. They're amazing. And I also love the length of your chapters; it really annoys me when people have 10,000 word chapters. I can't sit through that much!
CyanideMangoOfMassDestruction chapter 2 . 6/6/2011
I like that..."he painted Death with a foul-smelling mural". I really like how he's trying to avoid killing himself. Although, why IS he supposed to die?

But really good chapter. Can't wait to read next one...
CyanideMangoOfMassDestruction chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Ooooh, this is really cool so far...really funny, too. I love all the little details, like the Girl Scout and Regis Philbin.

Also, your grammar is PERFECT. That's always good.
E. M. Jenkinson chapter 4 . 4/21/2011
Haha, again, great piece for humor. Keep up the work!
E. M. Jenkinson chapter 3 . 4/21/2011
Well, Candy Land would certainly stall the process. I've sat there and played one game for hours. That's definitely not the challenge I envisioned. I'd probably challenge Death to a game of LIFE, just for the sheer irony of it.
E. M. Jenkinson chapter 2 . 4/21/2011
Again, light-hearted and chuckle-inducing. I'm a huge fan of shows like Dead Like Me, Drop Dead Diva, Pushing Daisies, etc. And that's the sort of feel I get from this. I imagine that could be a portion of why I'm enjoying it so much.

Once more, I am entertained.
E. M. Jenkinson chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Ahh, I must admit that it's a bit early in the morning for me to fall into a fit of laughter. So far, so great! Onward to Chapter 2!
ChrisDrewRocksMyWorld124 chapter 4 . 4/18/2011
I bet Death just wished he could kill himself, instead of playing a 3 year old game with Steve the Slob...too bad he can't. Anyways love the story and it's awesomeness. This should totally have more reviews.
TesubCalle chapter 4 . 4/3/2011
Now I actually feel sorry for Death. I guess I hadn't considered the kind of torment it would be to play a child's game with 30-something slob like Steve.

Well done, slave. I totally enjoyed reading.
TesubCalle chapter 3 . 4/3/2011
Teehee... Of all the absurd games. I totally burst out laughing at that one.

Poor Steve. I almost pity the fool. At least it isn't a game of skill, unless you call spinning an arrow and moving a game piece 'skill'. (Why does he even *have* that game?)
TesubCalle chapter 2 . 4/3/2011
Heh... methinks Death was almost hoping to be challenged! More fun that way.

Alright, more genius with the multi-coloured mural of regurgitated dinner. As gross as describing someone losing his dinner (and reading about it, too) might be, your way makes it almost a pleasure.

I'm thinking the concentration of bacteria in Steve's place ought to be enough to kill him... what a slob!

More Death vs. Steve as I read on...
TesubCalle chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
This intro chapter is just too blasted hilarious! Yes, I can see clearly why this had to be a humorous piece.

Some of your best lines include the one about Steve's meal threatening to re-enter the world via the wrong orifice. That's genius. Of course, it's also a riot to see Steve's perverted desires turned against him when Death becomes Regis.

On to chapter 2!
elena46 chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Hahaha that's very interesting. I like your sentence about the TV dinner coming back up :) I think it would be interesting if Death took the form of Steve, but that's just my opinion. Good job!