Reviews for The Heir
Ambyy chapter 25 . 6/1/2012
All I have to say is, wow!

It was amazing. I say, get it published, please. It's really a piece of art!

You were able to protray the Victorian era so perfectly. The setting was beautifully described, the suspense was the bomb and the characters were amazing. It was really an original work. I enjoyed every moment of reading it (not to mention I had to finish it even though its 2.45AM at my side. :D)

Thank you for sharing it.
Rosemarysgraden001 chapter 25 . 5/2/2012
I finally was able to review your story, I just got so busy with everything :(. Anyway I really liked how you had it all play out and the pace of the story. I thought it was so cute that Jessica and Henry got together in the end. I really didn't feel bad for Aberforth. It was a really good story.

-Rose
Katerzzz chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
:O A FELLOW HISTORY BUFF (and student)! HELLOO! *waves from across the Atlantic* Hehe...and, whats more, you're interested in a period of history that I pride myself on being an amateur expert in ;)

Very interesting concept for starters...it's clear you have done your research (are you studying British Social History?) and there are not really any inaccuracies that I can pick out. To be honest I've never been fully interested in these time travel thingies, but since this is in my favourite time period pre-20th century then it's all good!

["Miss don't say nofink unless you spoken to. I'll help you as much as me can."]-As a person who hails from Cockeney (how it's pronounced) London then I can help you here, I would type it like this; Miss, dun' say' nuffin', unless you're spoke' ta. I'll 'elp ya' as much as I cans

[A psychotic break seemed like the only logical explication for the events of the day]-HA! I need to print that and stick it on my wall. That is my new motto.

So Jessica is/was Cunningham's ward? Interesting...because if she is 24/25 and she's still unmarried in 1870's England it's kind of considered past it...hmm...I'll be intirgued to see where that goes...the only woman I recall marrying after the age of 25 was the mother of Queen Mary, and that was only because she was the size of a house and damn ugly...anyway...

Fantastic start :) I liked the dialogue, it's nice to see you haven't switched Jessica to proper RP style of speaking straight away :) The dialogue is very realistic..so KUDOS!

Great job. I am definitely favouriting this!

Katerzzz

Are you in the business of returning reviews? If you are, feel free to take your pick from any of my works, they're all historical fiction (I think) and one is an Alternate History, Edward & Alice...I'd reccomend that one but it's your choice :)
Derzbie chapter 25 . 4/23/2012
I didn't expect it to end so abruptly, but I still love it anyway. I knew Jessica would end up with Henry in the end. I love their pairing. I enjoyed the whole story, time travelling is just fascinating.
Elizabeth Drake chapter 25 . 4/21/2012
Wow! That was amazing. I love all the drama and I especailly love Regina. The concept is brilliant and I wholeheartedly hope you will post another story soon although it would have a lot to live up to.
Kenti chapter 25 . 4/20/2012
IT'S OVER? ALREADY? *sad face*

Excellent story

I was a bit disappointed at the ending. How did Jessica and Henry's courtship play out, were they able to have a family at all (since they didn't know if it was possible)? I would have liked to know.

Still, I do love this story, and I'm definitely sad to see it end.
OIFvet84 chapter 25 . 4/20/2012
Wow! I can't thank you enough for sharing your story with us. I completely love it and can't beleive that its over. I never wanted it to end but as the saying goes 'all good things must come to an end.' Love how things ended. Do you know yet or have any plans on other stories? Maybe something similar yet reversed, past to present instead of present to past? Haha just curious and THANK YOU again for letting me enjoy your story.
UNDERLANDERfromtheOVERLAND chapter 25 . 4/20/2012
AWWW! *squee*

I love how you can turn a charcter that you've trained us to hate into one of the most loveable characters in the entire story in three chapters. That is a true testiment to your writing skills.
UNDERLANDERfromtheOVERLAND chapter 24 . 4/19/2012
Please tell me this isn't over!
UNDERLANDERfromtheOVERLAND chapter 23 . 4/17/2012
FINALLY SOME 21ST CENTURY BLEED THORUGH!

Also, on an unrelated note, have you read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green? It may seem random, but you used the exact same phrase as him and I've never seen it before that book and here (it was self-aggrandizing, in case you're wondering)
Tora-2011 chapter 19 . 4/15/2012
Hello,

just felt like leaving a short note:

I really had to laugh reading chapter 19, because of the whole fountain pen thing. Don't know about the US, but schoolkids in Europe still use foundtain pens. It's not just an elite thing.

I myself used one till year 10.

So, to me fountain pens are far from being 19th century. xD
Derzbie chapter 21 . 4/13/2012
O...Ke. That was a large twist. I'm wondering about if Henry did really love Jessica...or is it all a big fat act? Hope you update soon!
UNDERLANDERfromtheOVERLAND chapter 21 . 4/13/2012
O.O

oh shit, that was great!
OIFvet84 chapter 21 . 4/13/2012
My... what an interesting turn of events. I wonder how Mr. Hamm will take this? Were his intentions genuine and truely against his fathers wishes? Is he even aware of his fathers plans, I mean aside from trying to get him married to Ms Knight to find out the 'family secret'? Oh so many questions I want answered.
Elizabeth Drake chapter 19 . 4/12/2012
This is a great story: the plot is amazing; it is very well written; it is dramatic; your vocablary is brilliant and it is historically accurate (except the time travel bit, obviously). The only thing is you sometime make mistakes such as missing letters and extra speech marks.
70 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »