Reviews for Leaf mimicking
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
[fetal-shells] The hyphen isn't needed.

I love the imagery and figurative language used to describe the longing for spring. Personally, I'm more of a summer/fall guy, myself. Spring means nothing but runny noses and lots of allergies.

I'm not sure about the "Mice frolic in unmatched / marches" image to begin the poem. Even though it seems kinda cute- you know, mice frolicking and all- most people don't have a favorable opinion of rodents. I wouldn't want to lay myself out on any lawn when there are mice frolicking nearby. Perhaps that's the point, though. Maybe the mice are symblic of whatever unfavorable season the speaker is now in. I don't think that's what you meant, though.

Even though we're "leaf mimicking," and the imagery is beautiful, I get weird, unpleasant vibes from this poem. With the mice frolicking about, and then two people curling into a fetal position- something we usually do when we're either sick or being attacked, I don't think this poem accomplished its true intention. But maybe that's just because my fucked-up mind automatically turns everything beautiful into something horrific.
recycle rhymes chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
this is interesting because it makes me think that plants are not that different from humans with our defense mechanisms. definitely liked the concise nature of the piece.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Compact and infused with sound. Very visual as well. Good Write. MD:77.
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
This one is going on my favourite stories list ;) what wonderful language and prose! Can't really specify any one image, it's all good. It reminds me of a warm spring day, full of hope and good days ahead. I like the connotation of lawn and ornamental, like garden sculptures. The title is also very well chosen.

With regards,