Reviews for duomo di Spilimbergo
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I Google'd the title, because I had no idea what the hell it was in reference to, although the poem itself gave a pretty good idea. This poem popped up on the first page of results.

I think this is one of your tighter, more focused poems. Much of your poetry seems a bit tangential, which I actually enjoy. It gives them a stream-of-conscious feel. But sometimes there is a bit of an imagery overload, where all the great images detract from what the poem is actually about or trying to convey, as opposed to enhancing that feeling or getting it across. That doesn't happen in this poem, where the images kind of flow and fit together- from the falcons bracing their talons in the first stanza, to egg yolk in the second stanza, the word "rings" that sounds so similar to "wings." Even the imagery and metaphors in the second to last stanza- "flickering gestation of the lamppost," etc.- is concise and effective, instead of continuing and richocheting into other images that never seem to stop.
Ayx chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
The first line was a great hook.

Each line followed wonderfully.

Ayx
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
It's been a while since I've read (or reviewed) one of your works, but you haven't lost your touch. This is a wonderful piece with some really interesting imagery - especially "an egg yolk draconian mythology.." I found an arresting image. I also enjoyed the historical and religious references. Have you ever been to Spilimbergo? The final lines are a perfect ending, and drives home the religious imagery. A joy to read!