Reviews for This is the Church
ShadowJunkie chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Dear Lilithika,

Hey! I was (still am) a fan of you and your story 'This is the Church'. I adored it very much, and even if it has been several months since its unfortunate disappearance in fictionpress, it's still my favorite story in the whole web, (fanfiction, fictionpress, livejournal, etc.) Really I love it and I miss it so much, and I was wondering if it was possible if I could have a soft copy of your story :). Of course I'm not going to claim it as my own, and I promise to put disclaimers and copy rights if you do allow me to keep a copy.

I'm asking for a copy not only because I love and adore your work, but also because our school's newspaper is asking us to write a review on a fiction story from the internet (we want to be unique :) ), and well, the first story that came to my mind was yours! I thought it would have been the perfect story to write about! It was emotional and realistic, and heart-throbbing. Novel-worthy, no kidding! So I beg you, am on my knees, if you could share a full copy of this breath-taking novella please do! The only reason I actually accepted writing the article/review for our paper was because I wanted to make a review on your story and spread how utterly amazing it is.

I love you, you're amazing and I wish I could hear from you more! I hope this letter/comment/request doesn't offend you in any kind of way. I'd love to hear from you soon :) Please and thanks!

Signed,
SylverBreak

P.S. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU MADE A NEW STORY OoO Hell to the yeah! I will now go off to read it and spread it to my friends. I hope you don't mind getting another review from me because I would probably do so again once I read your story :) See you!
yorkielover88 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
your story was recently plagiarized and used as a backstreet boys story at before i knew it was plagiarized i gave it lots of praise. Now that I know it belongs to you and was written by you OI want to give you praise. Great story!
Steff chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
You wrote a beautiful story with so much emotion, honesty and heart. I am sorry to hear that someone had the audacity to steal it from you. I can say it has happened to many online in all different writing communities and it is very sad. I hope this does not stop you from writing online completely. You are a very good writer and do not let other's stupidity and selfishness stop you from sharing your art.
julilly chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Hi there,

My name is Julilly and I am a moderator at , an archive for fanfiction. It was recently brought to our attention that your story "This is the Church" was being posted on our site under a different penname and altered slightly. We take plagiarism very seriously and just want to confirm with you that: ?sid10860 is not your story or penname. As soon as I hear back from you we will take appropriate action. In the meantime this poster's account has been suspended.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon! ()
raravis chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
I just want to let you know that it is currently 5am. I spent the entire night reading this story, and what you have so far of the sequel. And while I am going to be exceedingly tired tomorrow at class, I've gotta say: IT WAS SO FREAKING WORTH IT.

Honestly, this is the best story I've read on fictionpress in a long time, if not ever. First off, it was well written in a way that I would normally find on bookshelves as opposed to on this site. It was obvious that you had put thought into the plot line and writing. Secondly, these characters, oh my gosh, they are so realistic. So often when I read slash on fictionpress, the guys tend to come off as whiny, wimpy, and overly feminine in such a way that it is obvious that they're being written by a girl who is just placing a female mind in a male character's body. This was not the case with either Noah not Finn. They seemed like actual boys, which made the story so enjoyably realistic. This was just such a great read.

I mean, there were a few minor grammatical and punctuation mistakes here and there, and like others have pointed out, the religion was a bit off in the beginning. I also did find it a bit hard to believe that everyone in the town was so sheltered to the point where the captain of the football team had never had a drink before. But, that could just be my own perspective as I do come from a very different environment. A few things felt a bit rushed. I wish we had more time with Leila and Darren before the end, but other than those minor things I really, really, loved this story.

I think that with some minor retooling, editing, and expansion this could be publishable. It was really that good :) I've already read what you have up of the sequel and I can't wait for the next chapter. You left us with a bit of a cliffhanger! Keep up the great work :)
ShadowJunkie chapter 15 . 3/15/2012
Holy hell, if my mom wasn't beside me, I would've cried by now, I swear. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO FINN AND NOAH! They were two perfectly (okay...not perfectly) in loved hormonal teenagers! They were perfect for each other! They were made for each other!

My god this was one of the best fics I have ever read! and it includes novel wise and fanfiction wise! You're amazing! Everything just seemed so real, that at one point, it kinda made me feel angry at religion and stuff...hehe I'm Catholic btw xP anyways! As I said, I swear this was one of the best stories I have ever read! It was so emotional! God I'm so jealous! You're writing is just so awesome!

If I could, I would have jumped to read the sequel of your story right now! But alas, 10 minutes before midnight and my bro wants the computer...and since for some reason I'm a sucker when it comes to him, I'm handing it to him already T.T Also, I've procrastinated enough. I actually have an exam tomorrow.

Well I'm leaving now! I'll just read the sequel tomorrow! Goodbye for now! :*
Caseus chapter 15 . 3/12/2012
CRYING okay love this story flies off to read the sequel! (and to favorite and alert it too :D)
Le Meerkat chapter 16 . 2/26/2012
OMG i was gonna cry when I heard that This is the Church was ending thank gosh you're making a sequel. LOVE YOUR WORK :D
TheMusicIsEnough chapter 16 . 2/20/2012
I cannot believe you ended it like that! Great story! I loved it! I felt like crying at the end though, I hate it when people don't get their happy endings. You better make Noah happy in the sequel other wise I'll be very upset! amazing writing though keep it up :)
Jo chapter 15 . 2/4/2012
No! What happened? Just when it seemed like they were finally going to be together! It just can't end like this! A-and the sequel, Finn have a child and is together with Dianna? I can hardly believe that thing are going to go well for Noah and Finn now... where is the "happily ever after" that I was looking forward to? *heartbroken*

Anyway, I still love you as an author and I'm gonna keep reading, of course, 'cause I still wanna know what's gonna happen (and hope for a happier ending nest time).
Candy Kitten chapter 15 . 2/1/2012
You just...unmade my day...*sniff* You can't leave it like this can you! Unless you write a sequeal where a few years later they meet up and get back together...or else I'll be cranky... very cranky...this can't be the end! D:
Anon chapter 16 . 1/26/2012
Opps, my bad! I finally noticed that you posted it before this update. I was thinking there was another page I didn't know about :S. Sorry for the dumb question, and thanks for the sequel!
Anon chapter 16 . 1/26/2012
Thanks for this information update... I'm just not sure where the sequel is. Sorry if I'm being dense, but can I ask where/ what page you are referring to?
vis verbi chapter 15 . 1/25/2012
Arghhhhh! WTF I can't stand these endings! Otherwise it was a beu-tiful story so keep writing-vis verbi
JHeartbreak chapter 15 . 1/25/2012
This story has such beautiful characters. I love all of the characters. You took great pains to show us the setting and continue that throughout. I can’t count how many stories start with a ‘forbidden love’ setting only to remove anything from that setting that might actually give it any plot significance. I think you handled the relationships between the characters very well. Things move slowly and appreciably. The characters seemed to act like real teenagers brought up in a strict religious community would.

I have a real problem with the ending, though. The thing is, as much social realism as there is in this story, it has become so romanticized that we can’t simply explain the ending by an appeal to reality. Romanticism is by nature subjective, and you give little or no subjective reasons why they can’t be together in the end. Because they care too much about their loved ones? We know that’s not true for Noah, and I have trouble believing that’s true for Finn after what he said about the only people who care being Noah and his sister. Since they’re both leaving their small town anyways, couldn’t they at least meet clandestinely? I hold that there is no subjective reason they can’t, and since you have thoroughly romanticized this story the only logic that should apply is subjective.

However, since the story itself is so beautiful I have no reservations about adding it to my favourites list. As far as I’m concerned it is an incomplete romance – but that incompleteness shouldn’t blind anyone to what it has accomplished.
162 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »