Reviews for Brennett, Vol 1
JHeartbreak chapter 10 . 3/6/2012
To be honest, I’ve seen this story around on favourite lists, but the description always sounded boring to me. I thought the protagonist would be shallow, manipulative, and mean. Well, he is. But Nolan, as a character, is also genuinely interesting. He’s frequently funny (and I don’t say that lightly; so many writers on FP try to write funny and end up writing annoying) and has an admirable zest for life. He’s fascinating and entertaining. I like that you, as an author, don’t buy into his illusions in spite of this. You can portray the things he would like to hide from us.
CKlausification chapter 9 . 8/13/2011
I think the best thing about this story, for me at least, is the fact that Nolan is so easy to dislike, but I still love him for all his flaws. If he were a real person, it may not be as easy because he is such a flawed character but you've made it work so well. He shouldn't be a likable character but he just is. I love this so much!
CKlausification chapter 5 . 8/13/2011
Still absolutely fantastic, more people should know about this, you need so many more reviews! The last few chapters have been amazing and they flow so nicely.
CKlausification chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Best intro into a story I've read in a long time. Loving your style as well, very easy to read and quite entertaining.
Muffy the Dough Slayer chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
haha I like this. The main character has an excellent voice, haha, very amusing :D Love it!
writtenbyrandom chapter 9 . 4/22/2011
I still stick by my earlier sentiment: lovely. Nolan is such a dick, but a lovable one. Bennett is just too much fun, Vanessa is my favorite, and Daniel needs a hug, poor boy. I adore this story and the realism in the characters; they're incredibly well developed. Good job.
writtenbyrandom chapter 5 . 4/22/2011
This is lovely; WHY doesn't it have more reviews? I plan to continue reading, but I just wanted to comment that, in some scenes, Nolan sounds like Roger from American Dad in my head.
Round About Parker chapter 9 . 4/20/2011
I really love this so far... Nolan is deliciously awful and catty while still being human and likable. He's fantastic. Was totally not expecting the "omg, you too?" thing with Gregg- it added another level to the deep shit everyone's in. Drunk Daniel was adorable. And I love how Nolan kind of starts liking (though that seems too strong a word) Brenna, despite everything.