Reviews for Losing My Head
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 4 . 8/12/2013
What I like about this most is the love-hate aspect, obviously. How well you describe the tension and the aspects they claim to hate about each other. Although a lot of questions didn’t get answered (why the detention, what with Marcus’ family…) I was still very satisfied with the ending. Maybe they got together a little too easily, but I can understand, since this is only 15000 words long and they have a long background together. A background I would’ve liked to see explained a bit more, but at the same time the slight mystery surrounding them was super interesting.

I love your descriptions and the way you write, it’s surprising and refreshing and full of imaginary. This was a very enjoyable read.
the clayer chapter 4 . 3/1/2012
Oh your way of ending chapters.

That was an amazing story. I can't decide if I don't like the fact that we never know specifically what the three of them did to get in these afterschool detentions, or whether I like the kind of strange...isolated feel it creates - like these three people are in their own little world and only these moments matter. But that, my dear, was an amazing story. I love the characterisation of Marcus. Tortured poet who can't express himself without getting angry? Yes please.

Wonderful work. This story definitely deserves more reviews.
the clayer chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
'His brain thinks Fuck, and everything down south replies with an insightful Exactly.'

My god. What a line.
JHeartbreak chapter 4 . 1/25/2012
Beautiful story. I love how you have a clear sense of your characters, and how they are different from each other. They have a sense of real humanity to them. It reminds me of Alice Munro, in the sense that you seem to be able to describe these very individual people with a lot of compassion.

I find your descriptions very astounding. The sheer beauty of the pool room and the attic of the theatre are heart-stopping. The fact that you can communicate this about a highschool just adds to that.

There’s probably some water symbolism going on here, but I can’t figure out what.

The story feels a little short – I mean, there’s so much that comes after that I’d like to hear about. But yeah. It’s fine how it is too.
magalina chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
Aw, I'm so glad it ended well for them! And I loved that Mia was helping them from the shadows :p

Great story, Inso!

Guest chapter 4 . 11/24/2011
WAHH NO THIS CANT BE ALL D':
Lunatikk chapter 4 . 11/24/2011
This was absolutely beautiful & awesome & you've made me love both Marcus & Ty (& maybe even Mia.) Seeing that mail that said you had updated this absolutely made my truly terrible day. This story is really special and I thank you for letting me read it—& I hope to continue reading your stories.

Lotsa E-Chocolates, & hoping you will never stop writing,

Lunatikk!
Cat Parmegiani chapter 4 . 11/23/2011
This was incredible. The emotions and characters were captured really well, and it was about something more than just sex. Loved it.
Lunatikk chapter 3 . 7/5/2011
I love with this. Moar, please?

Lunatikk!
magalina chapter 3 . 6/9/2011
Oh, poor Marcus... I hope the other realize what's happening to him.

This was lovely, Inso :)
plumblossom chapter 3 . 6/9/2011
Glad you updated.

These guys are just so interesting - so complicated, and yet so simple in their own way.
krlsen chapter 2 . 5/30/2011
magalina chapter 2 . 5/26/2011
Oh, noo. I have the feeling Marcus is going to confess to Mia in a silly attemp to get over Tycho ohoho

Inso, this is great. Tell me you're taking a tiny break from your studies to write another chapter soon-ish? Yes? XD

I liked getting into Tycho's head a bit, he's so much more level headed than Marcus, it's great how now he can't keep his mouth shut anymore.

Much love for this! Looking forward to reading more!

magalina chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Oh, my God, Inso. This was LOVELY. Just the kind of story I like and the style sounds just like you. I love it so far XD

For some reason I was expecting a mystery or horror story or something (maybe the words dead man and nighttime and dirty in the summary? XD).

I love Marcus the Drama Queen and his odd thoughts.

Aaah, so excited for this. I'm going to read the next chapter now :))
plumblossom chapter 2 . 5/2/2011
It seems like Tycho knows a tremendous lot more about Marcus than the other way around. Or even than Marcus knows about himself. I love the bits with Marcus's grandmother.

I'm having a little trouble believing that the school would have them doing this, though. In the States the insurance issues alone would prevent having three students cleaning up these places at night alone, no matter how stiff their detention was meant to be.