Reviews for Dirge Wolf
Autumn's Wind chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
Hey. I've read your story up until now and I have to say that it has caught my attention. I hope you will update it soon. Pretty please! :)
DevourtheStars chapter 4 . 2/12/2013
Please update soon this is a really good story and it is a shame that it won't be completed!

Pretty please update soon! I am begging you
WeepingBallerina18 chapter 4 . 12/25/2012
I would love if you continued! Though I'm slightly confused in some areas, this is a great piece.
Writerandreader chapter 4 . 2/13/2012
No, no, no, no! I love this story!

Update soon!
Writerandreader chapter 2 . 2/13/2012
I have to admit, it is a little rushed but don't worry! I have a feeling this chapter is a starter for something even better :)
Writerandreader chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Did you write that? Haha of course you did, it's your story.

I love this3
Eona chapter 3 . 7/22/2011
I know it isn't your fault that Fictionpress is having trouble with spacing and stuff, but it really is hard to read when there's not seperation between changing POV's and paragraphs. Just a dash or something would be enough, but it would be helpful if you could give us readers something to show you're starting a new paragraph.

Okay, so now about the actual story :P

I like the story so far, as it really leaves you wondering what will come next. Furthermore, I think it is well written.

Keep this up, I think this could become a really popular story (and you already have 20 reviews for your first 4 chapters ;))

- Eona
Superslow Jellyfish chapter 4 . 6/2/2011
Yay! You separated the POVs!

I part of me was hoping that the wolves are the ones that would transform into humans, but that "change in her physique" line makes me doubt otherwise...

I feel terrible for Fania! She has to get through this! I just hope the wolves treat her fairly, but she seems to be their hope in what you imply as a rocky relationship between them and the humans. Their lack of human knowledge was kind of endearing to me, in a strange way. Humans don't eat raw, wolves...

Well, this was a fun read. And I'm reviewing as summer's almost here so I'm going to expect an update soon! Good luck on your finals (if they didn't happen already...)

-BM from RH
Superslow Jellyfish chapter 3 . 6/2/2011
Russian fairy tales underrated awesomeness.

""Take these and go back to t he house." -space "the"-That was the only grammatical thing I found here.

Fania's...not that much in trouble. Well, she is technically, but they aren't going to eat her, at least! I feel so bad for her, though, denied by her father to go to ballet academy to move in the countryside where .05 seconds later, she is taken by the wolves and is given to Aleks. It's like she has little choice for herself. :(

I liked her denial of the reality of these fairy tales and the existence of Baba Yaga...who is then used as some kind of Chekhov device at the end. You're really good with cliffhanger endings, haha.

The hierarchy the wolves was a nice touch, to how Tanya is lusted/revered for her beauty, to Niko and his aggressiveness, to Oldof and his fairness and status as an alpha. Aleks is a very admired warrior and you showed us his commitment to the pack, as well as his status. I'm just wondering how Fania and him are going to interact!
Superslow Jellyfish chapter 2 . 6/2/2011
Wow, this is really good so far and I love the changes in tone that were shown and it feels like you either know your ballet or did research or something, because it sounded so realistic!

I can picture Fania trying hard to succeed, yet not to be an unwilling pawn of someone who could potentially damage her. I don't see that much of a naivete lodged through her.

I like the setting as well, since I don't read too many stories that take place in Russia (except for one of the Vampire Academy books) and I've always found it to be a rather fun and compelling place to write about. Does this take place in a contemporary setting, by the way?

It sucks that her father is so adamant on moving to the countryside, I want her to stay in ballet school!

I didn't see any grammar mistakes or any of the like, but the only thing I should comment on is the POV switch. I strongly suggest you put that bar thingy to separate Aleks and Fania's POVs, since it was rather confusing.

Speaking of Aleks, the repeat of "Gentlemen are always patient" was a nice touch and a perfect ending. He sounds kind of hot, just saying!
Superslow Jellyfish chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Hi!

I'm not the biggest fan of small openings, but I've gotten negative-ish feedback for an 800 word prologue before, whatever. Anyways, this totally serves a purpose, I hope!

I'm a huge fan of poetry, on the other hand, and this gives me the imagery of a girl having a dance with the devil, or whichever evil supernatural creature runs through. It's like the narrator, this "patient wolf" is slowly gaining life as the girl he loves is dying in his arms as they continue to divulge into some kind of forbidden romance. You can't choose the ones you love sometimes, it seems.

How foreboding! I must read on!

-BM via roadhouse-
Kobra Kid chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
I enjoyed the prologue. It was unique, creative, and beautifully written. My favorite line had to be the last one, "A gentleman is nothing more than a patient wolf." Honestly, that sort of makes sense. x). And I loved how you implied that men are wolves, but the nice ones are patient ones. Great job with this! Hope to read more when I have the time!

-Kobra Kid, Roadhouse

P.S. If you don't mind, can you payback via Rise From The Ashes? Thanks!
Katerzzz chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
WOW! Brilliant prologue. Small but mighty!

Not much else I can say about this TBH, very well written, I am going to add this to my Favourites list and work my way through the rest of the story tomorrow, as my brain is only on sleep mode atm, and I don't think it would be fair for me to leave short reviews :) So I'll look at the rest tomorrow xD

And I really enjoyed the opening, it intrigues and makes you want to read on. And I loved the final line, really powerful and mysterious :) I wait until tomorrow xP

Katerzzz

RH

Could you repay back via anything you fancy reading? Ta!
PJ Draft chapter 4 . 5/7/2011
Leaving where? Hm.. :D I am glad you updated, and trust me I know balancing writing with school and life in general can be a challenge. Summer is coming, (For me next week, hoorays) so don't sweat it. Update when you can, and don't rush yourself too much. Anyways, this was a good chapter, although short. I am dying to know more. I really enjoy the way you write and weave the story together. I'll be looking forward to the next update. -PJ
Binkybaby chapter 4 . 5/7/2011