Reviews for Gungravel
Stewart MacDonald chapter 6 . 2/15/2012
Awesome. I too have a guilty passion for Westerns, especially ones with decent stories, and badass characters. After reading your other narrative, I thought I'd check out your other stuff too, and I'm glad I did. This was really impressive. Flow was near perfect. A couple times I thought a bit of the word use was awkward, but maybe I just didn't have the rythm right in my head. But it barely took anything away from it. Classis story, and is definitely being fav'd. Keep up the awesome work!

Ed Harley chapter 6 . 12/31/2011
Gungravel was a blast; one of the best I've ever read. The poem flowed and the story was tense and fascinating from the start. This must have taken a long time to write, especially for a human author who is so... average in every way.

I have one suggestion.

In part 2: Hester's tale I noticed this line: I didn't think as well he had a hope in hell, but the bastard was alive. I just think it would sound better without the 'as well' part. But I should mention that my education was limited to vocational training.
Meadow Frost chapter 6 . 12/15/2011
I normally do not like westerns at all, but this one was rather good.
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Now you've got me interested. Nice rhymes. :)
Ibndustbite chapter 5 . 4/25/2011

The rhyme scheme!

The vengeance!

Best Western epic I've ever read!
Evilives chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
Wow. Graet as ever.

John Reedly really MUST die. :D
lovehate lyrics chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
I love this. I hate Westerns, I never like epics, and I hardly ever read anything that isn't a one-shot and get instantly committed, but I LOVE this. Please keep it coming. You're really talented, I think.
Evilives chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
Oh, you move it along while keeping the ryhme steady AND squeezed in some characterization. Is the dead man a cowboy?
Evilives chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I'm no epic writer, but this is awesome. Nice rhymes, too.

Good luck!
skersey chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I LOVE the rhyme scheme. It suits the epic so well, and makes it flow like a story, not to mention its a western so it could be told around campfires and fun stuff like that. Great intro, please post more!