Reviews for Gungravel
Stewart MacDonald chapter 6 . 2/15/2012
Awesome. I too have a guilty passion for Westerns, especially ones with decent stories, and badass characters. After reading your other narrative, I thought I'd check out your other stuff too, and I'm glad I did. This was really impressive. Flow was near perfect. A couple times I thought a bit of the word use was awkward, but maybe I just didn't have the rythm right in my head. But it barely took anything away from it. Classis story, and is definitely being fav'd. Keep up the awesome work!

-Stewart
Ed Harley chapter 6 . 12/31/2011
Gungravel was a blast; one of the best I've ever read. The poem flowed and the story was tense and fascinating from the start. This must have taken a long time to write, especially for a human author who is so... average in every way.

I have one suggestion.

In part 2: Hester's tale I noticed this line: I didn't think as well he had a hope in hell, but the bastard was alive. I just think it would sound better without the 'as well' part. But I should mention that my education was limited to vocational training.
Meadow Frost chapter 6 . 12/15/2011
I normally do not like westerns at all, but this one was rather good.
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Now you've got me interested. Nice rhymes. :)
Ibndustbite chapter 5 . 4/25/2011
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

The rhyme scheme!

The vengeance!

The SUSPENSE!

Best Western epic I've ever read!
Evilives chapter 3 . 4/20/2011
Wow. Graet as ever.

John Reedly really MUST die. :D
lovehate lyrics chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
I love this. I hate Westerns, I never like epics, and I hardly ever read anything that isn't a one-shot and get instantly committed, but I LOVE this. Please keep it coming. You're really talented, I think.
Evilives chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
Oh, you move it along while keeping the ryhme steady AND squeezed in some characterization. Is the dead man a cowboy?
Evilives chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I'm no epic writer, but this is awesome. Nice rhymes, too.

Good luck!
skersey chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I LOVE the rhyme scheme. It suits the epic so well, and makes it flow like a story, not to mention its a western so it could be told around campfires and fun stuff like that. Great intro, please post more!